Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Class mosUser not found (quick message)

• pmbx
  • pmbx
16 years 3 days ago #74584 by pmbx
Ok. I'm working on it. When doing the reinstall I did get this error (as I did before):

Critical Error: Failed to write to configuration file: /Users/uams1983/Sites/joomla157/administrator/components/com_uddeim/config.class.php

However when I look at the config.class.php file, it seems in order?

More shortly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 days ago #74586 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Class mosUser not found (quick message)
Please check the README. There is a section about installing uddeIM with the ftp layer enabled.
You can chmod the file after installation, so it is accessible by Joomla.

It is not necessary to reinstall uddeIM. We are talking about "Quick Message" which is done by the pms plugin for CB.

When you have a blank page when you call uddeIM then also refer to the FAQ (you have to create a menu link, maybe your Itemid is wrong etc.)

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• pmbx
  • pmbx
16 years 3 days ago #74590 by pmbx
Hi, again.

Reinstalled the compoenent, module and plugins.

If you will to to www.uams1983.org and register I'll give you whatever privileges you need. Use the Alumni Login toppanel to register.

• pmbx
  • pmbx
16 years 3 days ago #74603 by pmbx

It is not necessary to reinstall uddeIM. We are talking about "Quick Message" which is done by the pms plugin for CB.

When you have a blank page when you call uddeIM then also refer to the FAQ (you have to create a menu link, maybe your Itemid is wrong etc.)

No you don't understand. I don't even get to any page when I made the changes... Just trying to go to www.uams1983.org will present a blank screen when I change the file as mentioned below.

As soon as I change it back the page will reload. I never get to a quick message. The connection features throw the error message I mentioned at the first of the thread (with the unchanged pms.uddeIM.php page of course).

Ron

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 days ago #74608 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Class mosUser not found (quick message)
The connection feature is NOT uddeIM. It is a module in CB. So I am the developer of plug_pms_uddeim which processes quick messages.

So the mosUser error should be gone. If it is still present then I am pretty sure it is not present in an uddeIM plugin.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• pmbx
  • pmbx
16 years 3 days ago #74610 by pmbx
No I don't think that at all. Let me synopsize. WITH uddeIM installed the connections feature (and possibly other features) of CB does not work and the system debug error shows this:

Fatal error: Class 'mosUser' not found in /Users/uams1983/Sites/joomla157/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pmsuddeim/pms.uddeim.php on line 222

When I disable the uddeIM. The connections work fine.

When I enable AND change the uddeIM pms.uddeim.php file as shown below, then no page will load at all... everything is blank.

Does not the error message aboe point directly to the mosUser class on line 22 or the pmsuddeim.php file? Help me understand can that be a Community Builder issue then? Could it possibly be a memory allocation issue in the pms.uddeim.php page? Would increasing it possibly help. I would check that too if I knew which php file to add something like this:

ini_set( 'memory_limit', '32M' );

Ron

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon