Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM inbox table colors goofy

16 years 3 weeks ago #72727 by ProvaStyle
uddeIM inbox table colors goofy was created by ProvaStyle
I'm running Joomla 1.5.6 & I installed uddeIM 1.3 (with hotfix 1 (fresh, first time install-not upgrade) & CB 1.2 RC2.

On my frontend, when I click my "messages" link, I see the inbox perfectly fine. (here's a screenshot: www.bratvold.com/images/inbox.jpg )

When I click on my CB profile there's a Private Messaging tab that also shows an inbox, but the colors are wrong. (here's a screenshot: www.bratvold.com/images/tabbox.jpg ).

It's using the same colors as my template, it just has them in the wrong order. Mainly the text should be black (not white), & the sectiontableentry (1/2) should be white & grey.

The only thing I could think is if I'm using the wrong extension. When I setup uddeIM I didn't understand each extension & got confused with PMSmyPMS.Pro (etc..) So maybe I'm using myPMS instead of udde ???

Could someone please tell me where to start looking? I've searched the forums & can't seem to find a solution.

Post edited by: ProvaStyle, at: 2008/08/30 19:06
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 weeks ago #72728 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM inbox table colors goofy
1. You can modify plug_uddeim_mailbox if you like so it shows the correct colors. It uses the colors from your site template: sectiontableentry etc. So you should change the colors there.

2. You can use CB mypmypro plugin or the uddeIM PMS plugin, both do basically the same but uddeIM plugin also supports message obfuscating. Thats all.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/08/30 19:24

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 3 weeks ago #72729 by ProvaStyle
Replied by ProvaStyle on topic Re:uddeIM inbox table colors goofy
Thanks for your prompt response. Once I find the text I can probably figure out what to edit, but could you help me find the file, please? I see a mod_uddeim_mailbox in my Joomla module manager & a pms uddeIM inbox in CB's plugin manager (pms.showinbox), but I don't see a plug_uddeim_mailbox.

And how would I edit it? Just edit the file & then upload & overwrite or is there a css edit button like in the template manager?

Thank you very much.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the inbox extension for the CB profile tab & the message link be the same extension & use the same backgroundcolor variables in the CSS (sectiontableentry 1/2)?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 weeks ago #72731 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM inbox table colors goofy
First you should consider to modify the site template which specifies the colors.

If this is not possible you find the file in com_profiler/plugin/user/plug_pmsuddeiminbox

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 11 months ago #75679 by ProvaStyle
Replied by ProvaStyle on topic Re:uddeIM inbox table colors goofy
Thanks for the response. I never solved this - put it on low priority until now. I am using the default template JA_purity (came with 1.5), so I haven't done any hacking to the colors or template. The uddeIM component is using the correct colors as my template, it's just putting them in incorrect spots. The inbox does it correctly, but in the Profile tab it does not. Could you maybe show me where to look in the "tabbox" module to rearrange the variable to match the "inbox?"

I've checked the site template & sectiontableentry (etc) are all set correctly.

Thanks again for your help. I love the component, just don't know why it's doing this.
-David

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon