Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Agora Forum & Uddeim

• Hazzaa
  • Hazzaa
16 years 1 month ago #70536 by Hazzaa
Replied by Hazzaa on topic Re:Agora Forum & Uddeim
Hi Slabbi. I am the main developer for Agora and my partner is having a bit of a hard time understanding English. He has asked me to come over and continue this conversation so I hope you don't mind. Currently Agora has a bare bones PM system in place but we would like to give members to choose UDDIUM as their message system.
I see you have posted that you have incorporated Agora support within UDDIUM, what must we do to make UDDIUM integrated with Agora?

I also see that you have stated to read the README.txt Appendix E. Does this basically tell us what we need to know?

Lastly, within Agora, there is already the option to turn on or off the PMS within Agora, do you suggest that we add an option of Which PMS system the user wants to use?

Thank you in advance for your support on this. I was just asked a few minutes ago to come in and discuss with you but feel at a disadvantage not really having anything in mind to ask. Correct me if I'm mistaken but it appears that most of the questions have been answered ;)

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 1 month ago #70545 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Agora Forum & Uddeim
It should be very easy to add uddeIM support to Agora.

1. Add an option that allows the user to choose between "No PMS", "Use Agora PMS", "Use uddeIM PMS".

2. When uddeIM support is chosen, use following link to call uddeIM (sse Appendix E for more options):

[code:1]/index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=<itemid>&task=new&recip=<josuserid>
[/code:1]

You can check the mod_uddeIM code how to find uddeIM's itemid.

Since Agora does not use jos_userid's you have to convert your agora_id to jos_userid first.

That's all I think...

If you have further questions you can also contact me by mail ssl(at)gmx(dot)de

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• Hazzaa
  • Hazzaa
16 years 1 month ago #70550 by Hazzaa
Replied by Hazzaa on topic Re:Agora Forum & Uddeim
Actually, Agora does use the jos_userid indirectly. If you look at the jos-agora_user table, there are 2 colomns for id. userid and jos_id. jos_id. jos_id is the joomla user id. so I should be able to call this id for UDDIUM instead of the normal id agora uses.
I will do some work and see if I can make it work. If not, I will let you know.

Thanks for all your help.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon