Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Installation Errors... my bad

16 years 3 months ago #65923 by hopeful2007
Installation Errors... my bad was created by hopeful2007
First of all thank you for past versions of this component and your continued hard work. Now let me tell you how bad I messed this install up.

I read your readme file ... and I thought..wow that looks kinda difficult to upgrade. So I thought, and thought wrongly of course that I would just uninstall the old and install the latest version and then not have to mess with the database etc.. I warned my members that they had 2 days to get any important data out of their inboxes. So tonight after a really long weekend and long day at work. I uninstalled the very old version of 0.5b and all plugins that I thought went with it. I almost deleted all database entries for uddeim as well, but I didn't. I then installed the newest version 1.1 and watched the fun begin.

Here is my first bunch of errors:
SQL error when attempting to save a messageDB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'totrashoutbox' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, toread, message, datum, disablereply, systemmessage, archived, totrashoutbox, totrashdateoutbox) VALUES (62, 62, 0, 'Welcome to uddeIM! You have succesfully installed uddeIM. Try viewing this message with different templates. You can set them in the administration backend of uddeIM. uddeIM is a project in development. If you find bugs or weaknesses, please write them to me so that we can make uddeIM better together. Good luck and have fun!', 1213677413, 1, 'uddeIM', 0, 1, 1213677413)
SQL =

INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, toread, message, datum, disablereply, systemmessage, archived, totrashoutbox, totrashdateoutbox) VALUES (62, 62, 0, 'Welcome to uddeIM!

You have succesfully installed uddeIM.

Try viewing this message with different templates. You can set them in the administration backend of uddeIM.

uddeIM is a project in development. If you find bugs or weaknesses, please write them to me so that we can make uddeIM better together.

Good luck and have fun!', 1213677413, 1, 'uddeIM', 0, 1, 1213677413)

I do have my entire database backed up as of yesterday.. so I could import that, however what if I just uninstalled the uddeim component, then went into the database and deleted these:
jos_uddeim
jos_uddeim_blocks
jos_uddeim_config
jos_uddeim_emn
jos_uddeim_userlists

If I did that, could I not then just install the uddeIM component? Would the install just act like a brand new component and not error?? I really would prefer to have a fresh install and NOT have to altar tables etc..!!

Please advise!
Thanks
hopeful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 months ago #65924 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Installation Errors... my bad
You will find a step by step explaination how to upgrade uddeIM in the README file.

The upgrade is not difficult when you follow the README and keeps all data intact.

Nevertheless you can also remove uddeIM and DROP all uddeIM database tables so you must not follow the upgrade guide.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 3 months ago #65942 by hopeful2007
Replied by hopeful2007 on topic Re:Installation Errors... my bad
Thank you for your quick response.. I will drop all the uddeim database tables and then do a clean install!

16 years 3 months ago #65979 by hopeful2007
Replied by hopeful2007 on topic Re:Installation Errors... my bad-Resolved
Let me clarify that in no way was my mishap on the upgrade the fault of poor instructions on your part. To me they were more than adequate, but I should not have tried it while so fatigued, and so I messed it up.

I dropped the uddeIM tables out of the DB, and did a clean install and it is working perfectly. I warned my members many days ago, they had so much time, to backup their data, just in case I did something studpid... LOL

So IT all Good!!

Thank you so much for a wonderful component!

16 years 1 month ago #69210 by digitalhytop
Replied by digitalhytop on topic Re:Installation Errors... my bad
Found my problem, disregard my post. :whistle:

Post edited by: digitalhytop, at: 2008/07/24 23:32

• joseph
  • joseph
16 years 1 month ago #71233 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic Re:Installation Errors... my bad
digitalhytop wrote:

Found my problem, disregard my post. :whistle:

Post edited by: digitalhytop, at: 2008/07/24 23:32

And what's the problem? Please Share....

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon