Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Support for URL links in 1.0

16 years 5 months ago #60885 by fordy12345
Support for URL links in 1.0 was created by fordy12345
As you probably know by now I'm just starting to use UddeIM V1.0 on my web site. It does everything I need it to do but I need help with a couple of things:-

1) V1.0 doesn't seem to support URL links in a message. Reading the V1.1 readme it seems that this version does support them. However reading the instructions for migrating from 1.0 to 1.1 I probably have the skills for most things except when it comes to making the phpMyAdmin changes to the database tables as I've no experience of doing this. Apart from making changes to the CSS I haven't actively started using V1.0 on the site yet. If V1.0 doesn't support links is there a way to un-install V1.0 and install V1.1 without having to amend database tables?

2) Is there any way of sending a single message to all CB users on my site that have a specific value in a bespoke CB field or where can I find information about sending messages to groups of users to help me decide how to group my users to support messaging groups rather than all or just one user?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 5 months ago #60894 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Support for URL links in 1.0
1) uddeIM supports URL links when you enable BB tags in the backend (tab messages).
The code is [ url ] someurl.com [ /url ] (without spaces) which is displayed as someurl.com

In the README you will find a way how to update 1.0 to 1.1. When you don't bother with your existing mails, yo can also uninstall 1.0, delete the tables and install 1.1, so you do not have to update the tables. But copy and paste a few lines in the SQL query box shoudn't be too complex for an site admin.

2) No. You can send system/general messages to certain groups and you can use contact lists to send messages to multiple users. Your question sounds a little bit that you are looking for a newsletter component what uddeIM isn't.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/04/13 10:06

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon