Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to have mypms plugin appear in CB profile tab?

16 years 8 months ago #54378 by
I've been fighting for hours trying to get UDDEIM 0.9b to show up in a CB tab. I understand from this thread that this is to be done via the mypms plugin from CB. Do you have a link to that plugin? Or is that the plugin that came with CB called "PMS MyPMS and Pro". If so, that one only has support up to UDDEIM 0.5. Very confusing!! Then what tab should I be looking for in tab manager?

Finally, shouldn't there also be a menu item to the UDDEIM inbox/outbox? How can I create one? Thanks very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 8 months ago #54380 by slabbi
For the very last time:

lkview wrote:

I've been fighting for hours trying to get UDDEIM 0.9b to show up in a CB tab. I understand from this thread that this is to be done via the mypms plugin from CB.

It is not possible to show uddeIM COMPONENT in a CB tab.

What you can do is to enable the PMS plugin which is delivered with CB and - when configured correctly - shown in an users profile page (with uddeIM 1.0 I will deliver a uddeIM-only version of this plugin, so people have to configure a little bit less).

Note, that this PMS plugin does NOT show a complete inbox, nor outbox or whatever. It does only show a TEXTBOX which allows to enter a short message for the user which profil is currently displayed.

lkview wrote:

Finally, shouldn't there also be a menu item to the UDDEIM inbox/outbox? How can I create one? Thanks very much.

Well, when you install a new component you usually create a link for it, don't you? It is the same with uddeIM. Open the menu, choose New, select component, select uddeIM as component, done.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• rfarrior
  • rfarrior
15 years 11 months ago #75920 by rfarrior
I am having the same issue. I'm following the directions from the CB_PMS_INTEGRATION.PDF document and when I try to add any tabs for Private Message System they do not show up at all in CB. This includes the Send Private Message drop-down under the Messages tab in the header and the Quick Message text area input field. Both are documented in the PDF and neither show up.

I tried various tab setting, in addition to those specified in the PDF, but don't get the content to show up.

I think installed the pms_uddeIM and pms_uddeIM_inbox plugins for CB. When I add a tab for the pms_uddeIM_inbox, it works fine. But, adding a tab for pms_uddeIM shows nothing, just like using the MyPMS-MyPMSPro plugin.

I'm in Joomla 1.5 running CB 1.2 RC2 and UddeIM 1.4.

Bob

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon