Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED]PM tab won't appear

17 years 1 month ago #41713 by thelizardreborn
[SOLVED]PM tab won't appear was created by thelizardreborn
I am trying to configure a PMS system through community builder, and am running into some problems.

After a lot of work, I managed to find the download for UddleIM 0.6. I've installed the component on my site, configure the PMS MyPMS plugin in CB to have the component type be uddleIM .5 (.6 wasn't an option). I then published the PMS MyPMS plugin and the Quick Message tab. I also modified the tab so that it has the same position settings as existing tabs in my CB profiles.

There is no tab though. I've been working on this for a few hours, and I can't get the PM tab to appear. I have tried some other settings, and I even installed JIM and its CB plugin, but that wouldn't show up either.

I'm getting awfully frusterated with the whole thing, so if anyone has an idea for a solution, I would be very grateful.

Post edited by: thelizardreborn, at: 2007/07/27 19:55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #41719 by thelizardreborn
Replied by thelizardreborn on topic Re:PM tab won't appear
My mistake, I was expecting the tab to appear in the users own profile, not in others' profiles only.

How does a person receive a message? I know they can view messages through the component, but is email notification the only way they can be alerted of new messages?

[EDIT]Since I wrote this I noticed the private messages link in the login box. For those looking for a similar solution, the link can be added in the configuration of the CB login module.[/EDIT]

Post edited by: thelizardreborn, at: 2007/07/27 19:55

17 years 3 weeks ago #43925 by scissorhands
Replied by scissorhands on topic Re:[SOLVED]PM tab won't appear
yes ! please i have the same problem !

i tried to send a message to a test user and in the mod login the you have new message appears and it links to the uddeIm nicely!

but the tab in the main area messages do not appear !! can anyone help me please ?

• mwhouse
  • mwhouse
16 years 11 months ago #47340 by mwhouse
Replied by mwhouse on topic Re:[SOLVED]PM tab won't appear
I've had the same problem: spent hours trying to get the JIM tab to show up in the CB User's profile. The "Articles", "Blog" (Mamboblog) and "Forum" (Fireboard) tabs are all present, but I've resigned myself to this aspect of JIM simply not working - unless anyone else has got any bright ideas?

• reders
  • reders
16 years 7 months ago #55410 by reders
Replied by reders on topic Re:[SOLVED]PM tab won't appear
I've had the same problem for a long while now.

The way around this is to do everything stated below, but so that a user can send a message you need to create a new menu link in your user menu to the uddelM Component. This link will then take them to their message editor.

Hope this helps.

You can view it working by signing up to my site:-

www.trackdaysuperbiker.com

Regards,
Reders

• bianca
  • bianca
15 years 11 months ago #75268 by bianca
Replied by bianca on topic Re:[SOLVED]PM tab won't appear
Where can I download this mod ( uddleIM .5 )
Does some one have the link from this nice tool

;) thanks

SOLVED

Post edited by: bianca, at: 2008/09/23 14:41

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon