Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fatal error after uddeIM upgrade

• kiprc
  • kiprc
9 years 8 months ago #256510 by kiprc
Fatal error after uddeIM upgrade was created by kiprc
I am attempting to upgrade uddeIM on a Joomla 3.3.6 website running on PHP 5.4.33 and MySQL 5.5.32.

I have only a few add-ons other than uddeIM:
- Community Building (currently at 1.9.1, planning to upgrade to 2.0.4 as soon as I can resolve this error)
- Kunena forum 3
- JEvents 3.1.35
- Akeeba Backup Core 4.1.0
- Akeeba Admin Tools Core 3.4.2

After installing the new uddeIM components (com_uddeim_j30.zip, plus the related mailbox, statistics, contentlink, hooks and searchbot modules and plugins), publishing the uddeIM component, and updating the uddeIM menu link, I received the following error on the site front end:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMgetUserTZ() (previously declared in /home/bighillc/public_html/newsite/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib31.php:32) in /home/bighillc/public_html/newsite/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib33.php on line 35

The same error occurs on the back end when I try to update Community Builder using the Joomla Extension Manager.

I also received the same error on a second site where I attempted to upgrade uddeIM. That site has a somewhat different mix of extensions and software.

Fortunately, I was able to restore both sites from a pre-upgrade backup but I can't upgrade uddeIM and Community Builder on these sites without a resolution to this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
9 years 8 months ago #256511 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Fatal error after uddeIM upgrade
Please check the FAQ first and/or the forums.
This question has been asked several times before.

You have to update ALL uddeIM modules, plugins, CB plugins.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• kiprc
  • kiprc
9 years 8 months ago #256517 by kiprc
Replied by kiprc on topic Fatal error after uddeIM upgrade
I searched on the error and didn't find any matching posts. I'll try that again.

Also, please note that I did update all uddeIM components and plugins. I _tried_ to update the CB component and plugins but couldn't do so because of the error.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon