Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is Socail Networking required with UddeIM for the PMS to install and Work?

10 years 4 months ago #244560 by madcockney
New to Joomla and was asked to assist with the migration to a new host and with other issues. There had been issues with the site that the original developer had not resolved.

This is a national UK voluntary organisation site. It is Joomla 2.5.6, and has amongst others Jomsocial, Kunena, and UddeIM. The way the site and forum is required to work I can see no need to use Jomsocial. Therefore I set up a test site locally using XAMPP, Joomla 3.2.3, Kunena, and tried installing UddeIM making sure that I used the correct 3-3 J-30 package for Joomla 3.2. Although Modules and plug ins appear there is no PMS showing under components and no config under Kunena for it. (There are plugins prefixed cb which I assuem are for Community Builder and are not installed.) I have read the PDF completely several times to see if I have done something wrong, but cannot find anything. The pdf document does say that though it is not essential it recommends installing CB. Therefore is CB, Jomsocial, or similar required for this extension to work?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
10 years 4 months ago #244564 by slabbi
3.3 J30 is the correct package.
The component you have to install from this package in order to see a component menu entry is com_uddeim_j30.zip. If not deinstall the component und reinstall using e.g. the web installer.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: madcockney

10 years 4 months ago #244580 by madcockney
That did it. Now can see the PMS under components so just left to configure. Many thanks

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon