Skip to Content Skip to Menu

attachments

• increbe
  • increbe
11 years 7 months ago #220206 by increbe
attachments was created by increbe
Hello from Spain.
I want to enable attachments in private messaging. I have Joomla! 1.5.26 Stable, uddeIM 2.9 and am Premium. I read instructions but do not know what to do with the files I extract the uddeIM_Premium_2.9.zip.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #220207 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic attachments
You have to copy/upload the files into following folders:
/administrator/components/com_uddeim/
and
/components/com_uddeim/

The INSTALL.txt explains which files have to be copied into which folder.

You can either use Joomla tools like eXtplorer or you can upload the files using ftp. When you use ftp please ensure that the uploaded file is readable for the web server (if you don't know what to do use 0x777 access rights).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slabbi.

• increbe
  • increbe
11 years 7 months ago #220211 by increbe
Replied by increbe on topic attachments
Thanks
I read README, but I don´t know
I have these six files .php into the appropriate folders as the default. Do I have to do a zip? What do I have to do with the Support folder and so on?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #220226 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic attachments
Code:
INSTALL.txt ============================================================================== How to install the premium plugins? ============================================================================== Extract the downloaded archive and copy the files /components/com_uddeim/rss.php /components/com_uddeim/pfrontend.php /components/com_uddeim/attachment.php /components/com_uddeim/postbox.php into /components/com_uddeim/ (on your server) and /administrator/components/com_uddeim/admin.spamcontrol.php /administrator/components/com_uddeim/admin.mcp.php into /administrator/components/com_uddeim/ (on your server) When you enter the uddeIM admin backend you should find - a new tab "Public", - a new option "Enable RSS" in the "System" tab, - a new option "Enable attachments" in the "System" tab, - a new toolbar icon "Report Center" - a new toolbar icon "Message Center" WARNING: The Postbox Plugin is experimental. Use it on your own risk! The iGoogle gadget is available here: http://yoursite/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_igoogle.xml The admin can enable a iGoogle button in the user preferences that can be used to install the gadget. Please refer to the "File attachments plugin" chapter in the FAQ when installing the File attachments plugin. When doing an upgrade you need to create a folder manually and you should copy two files into that folder, so people cannot access files directly. These files - "index.html" and ".htaccess" - can be found in the folder "support". More information can be found in the FAQ.

The FAQ is on the README folder in the uddeIM package.
Chapter 4 explains the installation of all plugins in detail.
Code:
4 INSTALLATION OF UDDEIM PREMIUM PLUGINS (FOR DONATORS) .................40 4.1 How to get premium plugins for donators? .............................................................40 4.2 How to install premium plugins for donators? .........................................................41 4.3 Public Frontend plugin ............................................................................................42 4.3.1 How to get access to the Public Frontend? .........................................................42 4.4 RSS Message Feed plugin .....................................................................................43 4.4.1 How to get the feed URL to access the mailbox? ................................................43 4.4.2 Optional Feed parameters ..................................................................................43 4.4.3 How to use RSS Message Feeds in iGoogle? ....................................................44 4.5 Report Control Center plugin ..................................................................................46 4.5.1 How to get access the Report Control Center? ...................................................46 4.5.2 What actions are available in the Report Control Center? ...................................46 4.6 Message Control Center plugin ..............................................................................46 4.6.1 How to get access the Message Control Center? ...............................................46 4.6.2 What actions are available in the Message Control Center? ...............................47 4.6.3 Where can I enable the moderation feature for a dedicated user? ......................47 4.7 File attachments plugin ..........................................................................................48 4.7.1 Installation issues ...............................................................................................48 4.7.2 How to enable File attachments? ........................................................................49 4.7.3 Unprotected file downloads .................................................................................50 4.7.4 File attachments in Public Frontend ....................................................................51 4.7.5 Sending file attachments in admins only .............................................................51 4.8 Postbox plugin ........................................................................................................51 4.8.1 How to enable the Postbox plugin? .....................................................................51

Chapter 4.7.1 answers your question regarding the SUPPORT folder.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slabbi.

• increbe
  • increbe
11 years 7 months ago #220271 by increbe
Replied by increbe on topic attachments
Thank very much.
I did it.
I don´t know that I had to put these file into the server.
It works well now.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon