Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM 'Error 404'

• toad78
  • toad78
11 years 7 months ago #219502 by toad78
uddeIM 'Error 404' was created by toad78
Joomla 2.5.8
uddeIM 2.9

I've read the FAQs on setting up uddeIM (I'm a newb).

I have created a menu link that is available for the public. When I click on it, a page loads saying 'You are not logged in'. I've set up uddeIM to be available for the public, and I'm not sure why I would receive this message.

On a second note, since it says the message, I wondered if I was to create a Joomla login module, so I did (I didn't see any reference in the FAQs about this). I created the module, clicked on the uddeIM menu item I created, saw the '..not logged in' message, tried to log in using Joomla's login module and was forwarded to an Error 404 page. The URL was displaying the domain with the uddeIM menu itemID.

#1: I've checked the Item ID
#2: I've cleared the Trash Manager in the 'Menu Items'
#3: I've deleted, cleared trash, and recreated a new menu item = same result

I thought it would've been rather simple, but I guess this is not the case. I just want a system where people can click on a user in a list and send them a MSG.

Any help would be appreciated.

Other modules running: Superfish menu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 7 months ago #219511 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic uddeIM 'Error 404'
A PMS can usually only be used by registered users.
UddeIM provides a Public Frontend which is part of the premium plugins.

Error 404 messages have nothing to do with uddeIM. In most cases it is a SEF problem.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• toad78
  • toad78
11 years 7 months ago #219517 by toad78
Replied by toad78 on topic uddeIM 'Error 404'
I disabled SEF and still have the same problem.

• toad78
  • toad78
11 years 7 months ago #219927 by toad78
So there's nothing that can be done? I'm still trying to work with a product that isn't working.

Unless you have any further suggestions on a product that would work for what I need. Users want to be able to send messages to each other. Nothing more. I thought uddeIM would do that?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 7 months ago #219934 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic uddeIM 'Error 404'
Well, the product is working fine on thousands of sites.

It seems that there is an issue with your site and the question is how to bugfix this. I can also give hints to issues that has been reported before. Maybe you should setup a second site and try to install uddeIM on this fresh installation.

A 404 error means that the web browser has not found a file or (sometimes) has no access to it. This is not in uddeIM's responsibility.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• toad78
  • toad78
11 years 7 months ago #219977 by toad78
Then I guess I don't understand why the component isn't working in my case. I've uninstalled uddeIM, cleared all caches, reinstalled it (only changing the 'Email' tab settings) and still have the same issue.

I click on the menu item I created using the 'uddeIM PMS Component' with mailbox 'Compose' (I've tried all other mailbox options as well) and led to the prompt 'You are not logged in'. So I log in and am forwarded to an Error 404 every time.

I'm sure the component works, but it isn't working in my case, which I would REALLY like to get it working.

I don't use Community Builder and it was my understanding that this component can work independently of CB.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon