Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Unable to find install package message with 2.9

• nov33
  • nov33
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #219436 by nov33
Hello.

I went to upgrade to 2.9 on existing site with 2.7, and was following the read me as per instruction.

i got to the part where it suggests to uninstall the old version and install the new. I uninstalled 2.7. then...

When i try upload 2.9 via Joomla extension manager, i get Unable to find install package message. same for both upload file and install from url.

it is a shared host so no access to php.ini file i think.

the files are being uploaded to the sites nominated tmp folder though, two files appear in there, the zip itself when uploading from file, and another folder called install_50ffc6776af41

when i install from url only the install folder appears in there. this all seems correct no?

seems like the files go in there ok.

once the file was in there i tried a local install using the folder path. didnt work, same message.

i deleted the files out to start over everytime. i then tried the following -

I also unzipped the file and upload the unzipped folder to the correct tmp folder to do local install.

my question is, do i just upload the entire unzipped folder into the tmp and use the folder name when installing from directory? this doesnt seem to work.

i see there are more seperate zipped files inside the folder once its unzipped.

apologies for this question but i cant seem to find a way to install the 2.9 and need assistance.

seems like its going in the correct tmp folder even with joomla extension manager, but it wont install.

regards.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by nov33.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 7 months ago #219437 by slabbi
???

You have to unzip the "xxx_unzip1st.zip" archive and install com_uddeim_[|j16|j30].zip.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• nov33
  • nov33
11 years 7 months ago #219438 by nov33
when i extract the files from the zip folder they are going into another folder that isnt zipped, with these files inside, is this correct way to do it , i dont think it is as i cant see com_uddeim_[|j16|j30].zip.

apologies for the questions i am new at this , the normal technician who install the site the first time left us to fend for ourselves.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 7 months ago #219439 by slabbi
I _do_ see com_uddeim_j16.zip.
This is the file you have to install with the component installer or "*_english_only" when you have a 2mb upload limit.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• nov33
  • nov33
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #219440 by nov33

slabbi wrote: I _do_ see com_uddeim_j16.zip.
This is the file you have to install with the component installer or "*_english_only" when you have a 2mb upload limit.

Yes of course you are correct, it is there, my mistake.

Thank you very much for taking the time, much appreciated. :)

I must have the 2mb limit, uploading the english only file was successful, many thanks again for your directions.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by nov33.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon