Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error 500: Internal Server Error

11 years 8 months ago #217587 by queenLateepha
Error 500: Internal Server Error was created by queenLateepha
Hello

Please i need help asap...

I used the FAQ pdf file to install all the extensions i should install but couldnt install the "com_uddeim_j16_english_only". It was throwing out an error that says couldnt upgrde from j2.6 to j2.6...*cant get the exact error"

I didnt change a setting, i just linked it to the menyu i want it to appear in. It work find until i logged in as the super admin to send a mail to an existing user(got it from a drop that list from the compose message page). On clicking on 'send', my webpage never came back and its displaying this

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vgcic.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

And yea am on joomla2.5 and i installed uddeIM2.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 8 months ago #217614 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Error 500: Internal Server Error
It seems that you have three problems:

1. Deinstall uddeIM, ensure that both folders (/administrator/components/com_uddeim and /components/com_uddeim) have been removed, and reinstall com_uddeim_j16(_english_only). Ensure that all folder rights are set correctly before you install uddeim (or another component).

2. It seems that your .htaccess contains invalid commands or maybe a 3rd party SEF component is not working properly.

3. You .htaccess file references a missing error page.

All errors above have nothing to do with uddeIM, so please ensure that you server is running fine before you install any component.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon