Skip to Content Skip to Menu

UddeIM admin menu redirects to Control Panel ++

• Laivindil
  • Laivindil
12 years 7 months ago #190490 by Laivindil
Joomla 2.5.1
UddeIM 2.6

After an upgrade from Joomla 1.7.3 and UddeIM 2.5 the uddeIM admin menu started to redirect me back to the main ACP of Joomla. The component and it's plugins works fine, I just can't access the admin menu in the backend or the user menu in the frontend.

I have tried to reinstall, I have tried to delete uddeIM listings in Jos_menu/Jos_extensions with no luck so far. I have also checked the component ID and it is what it ought to be.

I've tried to turn off SEF without luck and also a bunch of different things. And I get no specific message when installing the component itself saying that any error has occured.

URL to webpage: ungbdsm.no

Any help on this would be highly aprecciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #190569 by slabbi
When you have removed uddeIM (and also the database entries in
_menu and _extensions) and reinstalled uddeIM 2.6 on J2.5.1 it should work fine.

There is a problem problem with non created admin menus when you try to install a package for Joomla 1.0/1.5 on 1.6 or better.

Redirect problems are mostly caused by a non working or wrongly configured SEF.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by slabbi.

• Laivindil
  • Laivindil
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #199389 by Laivindil
I have tried everything. I have no SEF component installed but have played around with many settings, and haven't received any error messages at all :s I would gladly offer an admin account if someone could take a look or help me via skype perhaps? I have also upgraded to the newest version without any change at all.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Laivindil.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 4 months ago #199395 by slabbi
UddeIM does not change anything regarding the Admin Control Panel. When you cannot access it the problem must be somewhere else. When you have not installed a 3rd party SEF component, have you configured Joomla SEF correctly (Joomla configuration AND .htaccess file)?

It might also be possible that something went wrong when you updated Joomla 1.7 to 2.5. In that case I would recommend to start with a fresh Joomla 2.5 installation.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• Laivindil
  • Laivindil
12 years 1 week ago #210153 by Laivindil
I finally tried to install it on a fresh version of joomla 2.5 and it worked. Then I imported the kunena db files and these joomla db files from the old but also fully updated site:
_assets <--This is the only of the joomla files that has anything of uddeIM in it.
_users_users  
_user_usergroup_map
_viewlevels
_usergroups

Otherwise everything is the same...

• Laivindil
  • Laivindil
12 years 1 week ago #210155 by Laivindil
And it seems like it is the _assets file that is somehow restricting access to the uddeim backend... TESTED ADDING EVERY OTHER FILE, and sure that this is the one...

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon