Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Blank screen in backend and frontend when uninstal

• userbk
  • userbk
13 years 1 month ago #176072 by userbk
I'm upgrading my stsyem from CB 1.4 to 1.7

I downloaded your stable package 2.4 and upgraded the plugins in CB plugin manager first.
I then uninstalled the plugin 2.3 from joomla and reinstalled 2.4 (as I kept getting XML Parsing Error at 55:72. Error 73: > required error and thought it might be related to this plugin). I reinstalled the plugin and the error still remained, so I figured I'll uninstall the component itself and reinstall the latest version of your component.

While it was uninstalling everything went blank, both frontend and backend.

When I am not signed into my admin account I can view the login to the site's administrator page, but as soon as I sign in as administrator to the backend it gives me a blank screen so there is no way I can turn on debugging.

What are the steps I need to take to remove Uddeim MANUALLY from my server and erase all memory of it so I can do a fresh install?

Please answer soon, my site is down right now and it's super embarrassing.
Thanks,
BK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 1 month ago #176110 by slabbi
To remove uddeIM manually:
1. Remove all files in component's administrator and user folder
2. Remove all uddeIM db tables (see FAQ)
3. Remove all uddeIM references in menu and extension table

When you get a blank screen it is NOT a uddeIM related problem. No uddeIM code is executed when the Joomla backend is displayed (except you are entering uddeIM backend).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• userbk
  • userbk
13 years 1 month ago #176161 by userbk
I traced it back to the uddeim plugins for CB. They were causing this problem, removing them manually fixed this issue. I then uninstalled them and reinstalled and all works well. It's a great component.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon