Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Real Name and Multiple Recipients

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 month ago #175735 by drdehart
Real Name and Multiple Recipients was created by drdehart
We are using Real Name in uddeim and trying to send to multiple recipients. The ajax feature suggests the first recipient's name and we are able to select it. But after entering the comma and the second recipient's name, the ajax feature does not suggest recipients and when a valid Real Name of a user is entered, we get the error "There is no user with this username!".

Is it possible to send to multiple users using Real Names?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 1 month ago #175770 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Real Name and Multiple Recipients
It is a limitation of the MooTools library that is delivered with Joomla 1.5. When you use uddeIM in a Joomla 1.0 environment uddeIM uses its own MooTools library (in fact you can select between the older one that does not allow multiple selections and the newer one).
When your Joomla uses MooTools 1.2 you can force uddeIM not to load its own library (System tab).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 month ago #175787 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Real Name and Multiple Recipients
It looks like we had more than one issue. The error was resulting from the fact that our separator was set to "semi-colon" and I was using a comma to test it. [duh]

But there is still an issue with auto-suggest. Of the 6 possible settings, the only ones that the auto-suggest works with is "force loading MooTools 1.1" and "auto". We're in J1.5. But when entering the second Name, it seems to still be auto-suggesting based on the first Name. See attached.

Also, another question, when there are more than one users with the same Real Name and the Name is entered without selecting from the auto-suggest feature, how does the system decide which one to send to? In my test, it seems to go to the lowest Joomla UserID, is that right?
Attachments:

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 1 month ago #175835 by slabbi
UddeIM uses the version of MooTools that is delivered with Joomla 1.5, so there is no multiple selection possible (the seperator is not recognized). This feature has been added in MooTools 1.2+.

Yes, when a realname exists twice uddeIM uses the name with the lowest ID. This is why I recommend using usernames (which are unique) on large sites.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 month ago #175860 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Real Name and Multiple Recipients
yes, we've tried it both ways and get a lot of push-back from users when using user-names - they just can't remember them. It would be great if the suggestion tool could show the users' profile picture or something that would help identify users with duplicate names.

Anyway - thanks for the help!

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 1 month ago #175861 by slabbi
The problem is that the value of the suggestion box is used to search the userid. So when I display e.g. "Realname (username)" this value will also be used for searching (and this will not work). Its a little bit dodgy.

I will check the code again, maybe I will find a solution.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: drdehart

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon