Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to make the 'to' field 'not editable'

13 years 2 months ago #171748 by erichburkhard
How to make the 'to' field 'not editable' was created by erichburkhard
Is it possible to 'disable' somehow the possibility to edit the 'To' field in UDDEIM. In my website it should only be possible to select the recipient from a user list but not to edit this name after it has been selected - may be this is already possible in UDDEIM but can't find the solution - Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 2 months ago #171752 by slabbi
Which sense does this make? The user list contains all allowed user names. When a user edits the name and it is not longer listed in the list, the message cannot be sent.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 2 months ago #171919 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re: How to make the 'to' field 'not editable'
Hi slabbi - The business 'idea' behind this issue is as follows: I want to make a community site with the following communication rules:

a) only the paying members are allowed to send NEW messages to everybody
b) non paying members are NOT allowed to send NEW messages to everybody, they are only allowed to give a response (one ore more) to a message they received. So in this case they should not be able to change the (predefined) receiver.

How to implement this:

Rule a) can be implemented easily by using CBSubs. If any member clicks on the 'Compose' Button I check in advance (by using CBSubs) if this member has a subscription or not. In case he has not I block this action...so far so good...

Rule b) is not so easy to implement, because the following 'szenario' is possible: A non paying member gets a message form sender A. He opens the message text, will add some comment and then sends it back to A. Now he opens his 'out box' and recalls this message which is there. The 'to' field of the recalled message can now be changed from A to eg. B. And this conflicts with Rule b)

The only possibility I have now to prevent this is to also conrol the recall button by CBSubs...but I think this is not a very clean solution. Better in my opinion would be if an ANSWER message (after having recalled it) behaves exactly same as the same ANSWER message before the recall...and this means the 'To' field is not editable.

...But anyway - if you could tell me a solution for this 'problem' with existing means I would feel very happy...

...many thanks in advance for your time :-) and UDDEIM is really excellent :-)

Eric

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 2 months ago #171922 by slabbi
I am sorry but this is quite hard zu implement since you have to modify the code at many locations.

Disabling the to field is simple (uddeIM provides some URL parameter for that purpose, see FAQ) but you have to create the link to uddeIM on your own.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• seniyajw
  • seniyajw
13 years 2 months ago #172343 by seniyajw
Replied by seniyajw on topic Re: How to make the 'to' field 'not editable'
So I did it again, and it is one reason or another could not be done right. He knew it was prefixed jos_ tmp directory permissions and where wacky.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon