Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Writeform textbox above message history?

• RoyB
  • RoyB
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #170368 by RoyB
Hello Slabbi,

First of all I would like to congratulate you on your excellent component. Installation and configuration were no problem, everything works. However I would like a bit of advice about usage (I give technical advice on the site in question - I am not really a social media expert). I realise that UddeIM is not really designed as a chat application and is more a personal messager, however some of the more communicative members of the site tend to use it to conduct conversations and I have received a request to 'sort out' a problem.

Basically, when two people keep replying to each others message the message history is listed in the message-body part and in the writeform box. If the conversation is protracted then the writeform text box is pushed further down the page requiring the members to scroll further and further down. I include a picture sent to me by the admin who was explaining the problem to me.

I have looked at the configuration settings (I may just be blind :-)) and can see no simple method of resolving the issue. The members have stated that they would be happy if the writeform box was above the message history. So - Questions:

Is there a simple method of moving the writeform textbox above the history?

Can the message history be turned off, limited in number, or hidden?

Should I just consider installing a separate chat component for the communicative members?

Thanks in advance for any advice/Dankeschön im voraus für Hilfe oder Anregungen.

Roy B
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by RoyB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 2 months ago #170371 by slabbi
Event when I do not see the picture I know what you mean. There is no solution for that. You have the same problem with message readers when people quote the whole message again and again.

I sggest to limit the length of a message, e.g. to 500 characters or less and allow uddeIM to cut messages when they became to long.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• RoyB
  • RoyB
13 years 2 months ago #170384 by RoyB
Wow, incredible response time! Thanks for the advice.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon