Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM 2.3 won't install

13 years 5 months ago #164314 by frenostanco
uddeIM 2.3 won't install was created by frenostanco
Hello, I'have problem with uddeIM 2.3 on my kunena 1.6.4.
I'm not sure if I should post here, but Kunena recommend to write questions about uddeIM here.

here my problem: discussion on kunena

Can be this problem really coming from the php.ini setting? :unsure:

p.s: I have read all of the readme file and the FAQ document

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 5 months ago #164325 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: uddeIM 2.3 won't install
Your question has already been answered there.

Increase the max upload limit in php.ini or ftp the unpacked uddeIM component into a temp folder and install from there.

This is also explained in the uddeIM FAQ that you have read.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 5 months ago #164326 by frenostanco
Replied by frenostanco on topic Re: uddeIM 2.3 won't install
Hello slabby,

using the "search" tool I find no mention of problem related to the php settings, neither here in the forum or in the PDF document. More than this, there is no mention of the error messages I've got. So, I could no use tips/trick on the pdf manual, simply cause... only now (from a kunena user) I'm informed of the nature of the problem.

I know, maybe this kind of issues can seems stupid to an expert like you, but is not easy for me. Believe me! :blush:

But... may I, more simply, create a new php.ini file in my root directory and try to install uddeIM via the Joomla installer again? Or you suggest my to not waste my time and perform a manual upload?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 5 months ago #164327 by slabbi
See FAQ 1.2.1

1.2.1 “Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.”
I get the message “Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.” when I try to install uddeIM.

There are a few possible reasons for this error message:
1. When you get this error while installing the plugins
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim_blocking,
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim_profilelink,
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim, and
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim_inbox,
see chapter 1.2.4.

2. When you get this error while installing uddeIM you might have forgotten to unzip the archive uddeIM_x.x_unzip1st.zip.

3. Your PHP upload limit is limited to 2 mbyte. Since uddeIM 2.3 package exceeds 2 mbyte a little bit, you will see this message. In that case you can install the “_english_only” package and upload the required language files later or upload the package file using ftp and install locally.
Another problem might be that your provider limits the number of files you are allowed to store on the server, e.g. 6000 files and folders altogether. In that case you should check if you can clean up the temp folder in order to get free resources.

1.1.2 What is inside the uddeIM_x.x_unzip1st.zip archive?

When installing uddeIM on Joomla 1.6, use Components (C), Modules (M), and Plugins (P) that are suffixed with “_j16”.
All other components can be installed on Joomla 1.0 and Joomla 1.5.

com_uddeim_j16_english_only (Joomla 1.6 only)
uddeIM - the main component for Joomla 1.6 (contains only english language files) for sites with PHP upload limit of 2 mbyte.

For changing php.ini please contact your server operator, please check the Joomla documentation how to use the component installer. Please understand that I do not give any support for Joomla or your server.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #164330 by frenostanco
Replied by frenostanco on topic Re: uddeIM 2.3 won't install

slabbi wrote: See FAQ 1.2.1
1.2.1 “Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.”
I get the message “Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.” when I try to install uddeIM.

I don't receive that kind of error, as explained in the kunena forum. I receive

JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21
JClientHelper::setCredentialsFromRequest failed

slabbi wrote: There are a few possible reasons for this error message:
1. When you get this error while installing the plugins
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim_blocking,
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim_profilelink,
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim, and
- cb_plug_pms_uddeim_inbox,
see chapter 1.2.4.

I'm not installing plugins, I'm installing the com_uddeim.zip (again, this is specified in the kunena post)

slabbi wrote: 2. When you get this error while installing uddeIM you might have forgotten to unzip the archive uddeIM_x.x_unzip1st.zip.

This is not the case. One must unzip the downloaded file from your site to install only the com_uddeim.zip component (again, this is reported on the kunena forum)

slabbi wrote: 3. Your PHP upload limit is limited to 2 mbyte. Since uddeIM 2.3 package exceeds 2 mbyte a little bit, you will see this message.

Yes, this is the case. But I have understood it only with the help of other (gentlemans) users, not you.

slabbi wrote: In that case you can install the “_english_only” package and upload the required language files later or upload the package file using ftp and install locally.
Another problem might be that your provider limits the number of files you are allowed to store on the server, e.g. 6000 files and folders altogether. In that case you should check if you can clean up the temp folder in order to get free resources.

If you look carefully, there is a printout of my Joomla configuration (again, on the kunena post). So, you can discover that I'm using Joomla 1.5.23. So your tips about 1.6 components are pretty useless.

slabbi wrote: 1.1.2 What is inside the uddeIM_x.x_unzip1st.zip archive?

When installing uddeIM on Joomla 1.6, use Components (C), Modules (M), and Plugins (P) that are suffixed with “_j16”.
All other components can be installed on Joomla 1.0 and Joomla 1.5.

com_uddeim_j16_english_only (Joomla 1.6 only)
uddeIM - the main component for Joomla 1.6 (contains only english language files) for sites with PHP upload limit of 2 mbyte.

As I wrote, I have checked the readme files. I know what your zip file contains, thanks.

slabbi wrote: For changing php.ini please contact your server operator, please check the Joomla documentation how to use the component installer. Please understand that I do not give any support for Joomla or your server.

Nobody is asking you to do that. It's only a cortesy between persons, nothing more. I'm asking a short answer yes/no... nothing more.

Ok, ok, das ist mein Bier (as Munchener says).

Grüssen aus München, tschuss

post scriptum: menstruation?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by frenostanco.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 5 months ago #164366 by slabbi

frenostanco wrote: I don't receive that kind of error, as explained in the kunena forum. I receive

JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "127.0.0.1" on port 21
JClientHelper::setCredentialsFromRequest failed

The ftp layer is explained in the FAQ or check the Joomla documentation. This error is not uddeIM related.

frenostanco wrote: I'm not installing plugins, I'm installing the com_uddeim.zip (again, this is specified in the kunena post)

It was a copy'n'paste from the FAQ, so there might be additional information that is not relevant for you.

frenostanco wrote:

slabbi wrote: 3. Your PHP upload limit is limited to 2 mbyte. Since uddeIM 2.3 package exceeds 2 mbyte a little bit, you will see this message.

Yes, this is the case. But I have understood it only with the help of other (gentlemans) users, not you.

It was not my intention to explain this problem in detail. The solution has been given previously in the Kunena forums. See above, it is a copy'n'paste.

frenostanco wrote:

slabbi wrote: In that case you can install the “_english_only” package and upload the required language files later or upload the package file using ftp and install locally.

If you look carefully, there is a printout of my Joomla configuration (again, on the kunena post). So, you can discover that I'm using Joomla 1.5.23. So your tips about 1.6 components are pretty useless.

When you look carefully, you will see that this might be also relevant for Joomla 1.5, except that I do not have compiled a Joomla 1.5 "english only" package.

frenostanco wrote:

slabbi wrote: For changing php.ini please contact your server operator, please check the Joomla documentation how to use the component installer. Please understand that I do not give any support for Joomla or your server.

Nobody is asking you to do that. It's only a cortesy between persons, nothing more. I'm asking a short answer yes/no... nothing more.

Yes

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon