Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Timestamps in message threads

• montana
  • montana
13 years 6 months ago #159485 by montana
Timestamps in message threads was created by montana
One of my Site User asked this:

I really like the new message system and its ability to group a conversation into one single thread.

However, when I look into a conversation I cannot see when the individual messages were sent.

Would it be possible to let the system add timestamps when it adds an answer to a message thread?

I could not find any function like this by UddeIM Backend, or can I add this for new Feature Request for a new UddeIM Release?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 6 months ago #159490 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Timestamps in message threads
???

The time stamp when a message has been send is displayed in the header at the top next to the avatar (and of course in the list view).

You can enable message linking so uddeIM shows two icons to switch to the reply or original message.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• montana
  • montana
13 years 6 months ago #159495 by montana
Replied by montana on topic Re: Timestamps in message threads
The user talked about "Timestamp during the conversation"

However, when I look into a conversation I cannot see when the individual messages were sent

For example if two members write 7-8 messages to each other, the user want see a "timestamp" when the messages was written.

Here is a Example:a typical conversation goes so: there is no time information by conversations:

Regards

Joomla is open source, which means you can make it work just the way you want it to

Regards Tony

Hi Tony I have find ou on time I found out her addr and much more site for yourself or a huge site with hundreds of thousands of visitors. Joomla is open source, which means you can make it work just the way you want it to
Vh Michael

_________
Etc....

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 6 months ago #159499 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Timestamps in message threads
The quoted message should still be available. I do not see any necessity for adding a time stamp there since it is in the header for each message and you can jump to the original message (another problem the original time stamp is not available when the message is quoted).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon