Skip to Content Skip to Menu

PMS Issues UDDEIM

13 years 6 months ago #159132 by mariemusic
PMS Issues UDDEIM was created by mariemusic
I'm having problems with the component uddeIM, first asking me to update the database (although I read the read me file and do not understand how to update the database). When I go to my website and I click on the link to view messages uddeIM, the CPU of my server exceeds the limits of capacity (I have a VPS server with a lot of capacity, enough to hold all my site). I realized that the problem has to do with uddeIM because several times I tried to open my mail from the website Uddeim link and automatically drops my connection to the server. The host company tells me I have exceeded the limits of the CPU, but this only happens when I click on uddeIM. Can someone help me please? Do not know much about databases and I do not make a mistake.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 6 months ago #159201 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: PMS Issues UDDEIM
1. The README describes exactly how to upgrade from an earlier version to the current version of uddeIM. This should be possible for every Joomla administrator.

2. It IS your servers' problem. You are wrong when you think your VPS server has lots of capacity and is reliable: "The host company tells me I have exceeded the limits of the CPU, but this only happens when I click on uddeIM."

Sure, uddeIM provides several features but is not that complex that it utilizes the CPU completely, e.g. it is running here on Joomlapolis and this site has over 350,000 members. I am pretty sure that are more members then you site will ever have.

I suggest you are looking for a hosting company that provides a reliable service. I know several admins who are hosting on a 5 EUR shared server from all-inkl.com which means that the resources are shared with several hundred other sites... and guess: they have no problems, even with sites >5,000 members.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon