Skip to Content Skip to Menu

2.3 Installation problem with Joomla 1.5.22

13 years 6 months ago #158494 by candlelight2007
2.3 Installation problem with Joomla 1.5.22 was created by candlelight2007
"Could not find an XML setup file"

I know, I know... I read through whatever I could find in the FAQ document and Readme's but I still can't figure it out. I unzipped the archive and ran Joomla installer with com_uddeim_j16. Got this message. It uploads the file but the install fails. Then I removed all non-english languages as recommended in one of the other posts to reduce the size and tried again - same result. I tried to install it from the directory - same story.

We're just trying Joomla with one of the web hosts (cloudaccess) to see if it will meet our needs. CB installed without a hickup and works like a charm. I've been pulling my hair out trying to install uddeim to no avail. Then - just for the heck of it - I installed Messaging extension and it too installed and works like a charm.

Is there anything else I might be missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 6 months ago #158496 by slabbi
Maybe you should think about what "j16" means...

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 6 months ago #158507 by candlelight2007
Replied by candlelight2007 on topic Re: 2.3 Installation problem with Joomla 1.5.22
Good advice. I don't have a lot of experience with Joomla but if I read your sarcasm correctly what you're trying to say is that uddeim_j16 is not backward compatible and is not going to work on 1.5, right? If that's the case, which version of the component I should use instead for it to work on 1.5? com_uddeim?

13 years 6 months ago #158514 by candlelight2007
Replied by candlelight2007 on topic Re: 2.3 Installation problem with Joomla 1.5.22
well, what do you know... sarcasm does seem to work sometimes, after all! :)))

thanks for the remark! It certainly pushed me in the right direction. com_uddeim did the job. thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon