Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Profile page:- Tab displays _UE_TABINBOX

• bcraigie
  • bcraigie
11 years 6 months ago #222543 by bcraigie
I finally found a FAQ buried in an SVN repository. The response in the FAQ would not appear to be the best advice because it does not give the user a translated string (if your CB site is multi-language, you are hard-coding only one language).

The correct advice appears to be to add the following two lines to the language file (for example english.php) in administrator/components/com_uddeim/language.utf8 (may need to omit the .utf8)

DEFINE ('_UE_TABINBOX','Inbox');
DEFINE ('_UE_PMSLINK','Private Message');

You need to repeat this for each other language you use on your site (eg french.php etc with the relevant translation).

Found the clue at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/50-general-discussion/66022-cb-12-and-plugin-language-support

Hope that helps. :-)

I don't understand why the uddeIM author has not included those strings. I shall try and let him know because an update might overwrite the language files.

Warmest Regards,

Brian
The topic has been locked.
  • slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #222544 by slabbi
1. The uddeIM FAQ is not empty. You are not referring to the uddeIM FAQ.

2. You have not read the sticky. It says that the FAQ is already on your hard disk. There is a README folder in the uddeIM package, guess what it means. No need to dig into the SVN.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by slabbi.
  • slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 6 months ago #222545 by slabbi

bcraigie wrote: The correct advice appears to be to add the following two lines to the language file (for example english.php) in administrator/components/com_uddeim/language.utf8 (may need to omit the .utf8)

DEFINE ('_UE_TABINBOX','Inbox');
DEFINE ('_UE_PMSLINK','Private Message');

You need to repeat this for each other language you use on your site (eg french.php etc with the relevant translation).

Found the clue at www.joomlapolis.com/forum/50-general-discussion/66022-cb-12-and-plugin-language-support

Hope that helps. :-)

I don't understand why the uddeIM author has not included those strings. I shall try and let him know because an update might overwrite the language files.

I hope that no one will follow that advice. Please get familiar with Joomla before you try to help others.

These strings are not part of the uddeIM language file because uddeIM does not use them. These strings are part of CB and so they should never be added to a uddeIM language file. Adding these strings to uddeIM's language file may lead to PHP warnings (double defined constant etc.).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon