Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Only three lines of code being output by UddeIM

• ohelm
  • ohelm
13 years 8 months ago #154496 by ohelm
Hi,

I have just been given a joomla site to maintain, and the first job was to move it to a new server. Most things seem ok with the exception of the uddeIM side. (Which was working fine on the old server). When i call the page, through the link: domain.com/option,com_uddeim/task,inbox/ only a blank page is displayed.

If i view the source all i can see is:
Code:
<!-- uddeIM+ 0.9b/2007-12-08 output below --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="components/com_uddeim/templates/monorange/css/uddeim.css" type="text/css" /> <div id='uddeim'><div id='uddeim-topborder'></div>

Any suggestions about what i might have done wrong, or need to do to fix it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #154502 by slabbi
So, it was only a server move? The complete Joomla installation is still the same, also with the database?

It seems to be that the script is dying, so no more output is generated. uddeIM 0.9 is really quite old, so maybe there is a problem with a probably newer version of PHP or MySQL which might be used on the new server.

I can only recommend to upgrade to the current version. Unfortunately there is no direct upgrade path to 2.2 but you can upgrade step by step to 1.4, 1.7 and then 2.2 (when I remember correctly, please check the README which explains how to do this). Be very careful with the SQL commands that must be executed to update the tables in order to get the correct table structures.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• ohelm
  • ohelm
13 years 8 months ago #154503 by ohelm
Thanks for your reply slabbi.

I'm trying to avoid an upgrade for now if at all possible. Most of the components of the site are way out of date, so to do one I inevitably end up having to do lots! Hopping to do the whole thing in a dev environment as soon as this is stable.

I've checked the php versions and they are very close. Just doing MySQL now.

The strange thing is that if i create a new account on the website it works fine. It's just for old ones that it is broken. Sounds like a broken chain of ID's somewhere.... Any thoughts on where that might be?

Thanks

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #154509 by slabbi
No, sorry. Even when the user ID are not longer matching the script should not die. Maybe the debug mode gives you some more help.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon