Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Send PM breaks in IE

13 years 8 months ago #154383 by MJ Pieterse
Send PM breaks in IE was created by MJ Pieterse
Firstly i just have to say what a great extension uddeIM is. I just love the things you can do with it and really a have to have for each site with a community :D

This extension works great in Firefox and Chrome... So now to my problem... i won't necessarily blame uddeIM, but rather IE always being incompatible with the rest of the browsers and stuff available.

As soon as i try to compose a message in IE 7 and 8, the whole page breaks and only loads the website menu and the four items of the menu (Inbox, Outbox etc) and nothing else. The script error on the page is:

HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

I really want to use this extension, but if i can't get it to work i will have to scrap the whole idea as i won't even try another extension...

your help will be much appreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #154388 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Send PM breaks in IE
I am sorry but this sound a little bit that there is another module or pugin that modifies uddeIM output and so there is a html error. In the FAQ I hace listed some plugins that makes troubles maybe you are using a new one that makes also troubles.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 8 months ago #154390 by MJ Pieterse
Replied by MJ Pieterse on topic Re: Send PM breaks in IE
Hi, i just went to the FAQ section, and not sure if i'm missing the post completely, but i can't see a list of components not to use.

the strange thing is that if it was a complete clash, would it not break in Firefox and Chrome as well, as this is ONLY in IE?? :( :(

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #154393 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Send PM breaks in IE
Have you checked the README folder in the uddeIM package? Or have you checked the forum stickys before posting? I am pretty sure that there is a FAQ.pdf in the README folder.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 8 months ago #154396 by MJ Pieterse
i did check the read me file and didn't come across anything that was clashing or was not allowed. I did however find another post on Microsoft that leads me to think that it could have something to do with IE but the component is not working in it:

social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/5dc53e6e-2fdc-4707-8cc9-cb34fe72c14a

do you perhaps have any suggestions?

13 years 8 months ago #154397 by MJ Pieterse
here is another one:

social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/5397d04d-3e93-4ed5-b8f4-aa47b6a0abc6

i see that people are making suggestions, but i don't know how to apply them :(

althought this post is based on google something, the error code is exactly the same.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon