Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Administrating Uddeim

• lucato
  • lucato
14 years 1 month ago #141549 by lucato
Administrating Uddeim was created by lucato
Hi folks, I wonder if UddeIM has these features for administration:

Do I get as administrator...
1) ... to see all messages from a chosen user and manage them?

2) ... to set the user setting from a chosen user and manage them? Ex, want the user X to receive the e-mail notification.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 1 month ago #141563 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Administrating Uddeim
1) please check the FAQ
2) please check the administration backend

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• lucato
  • lucato
14 years 1 month ago #141569 by lucato
Replied by lucato on topic Re:Administrating Uddeim
slabbi wrote:

1) please check the FAQ

slabbi wrote:

Yup, I saw you wrote a text ant said also "I will never support features which allows third persons to read messages without the knowledge of the user"

Well Slabbi, it's quite simple to solve. When composing a message, in the form, it should have the info "Your message can be read by a main administrators if he wants to. If you don't agree don't use this private message system". IMHO, UddeIM should have this feature for the site administrator for any reasons.

Members can be using your site and communicate between other users to arrange some king of site attack, screw contests, robbery chat, asking for money where the stuff isn't allowed to request money, and too many other bad subjects that the administrator would be warned and block the user and take other attitudes if this is the case.

Maybe it would be selectable in the back-end. If site owners opt to users privacy, just mark a checkbox to opt to 'Not read users messages' and the warning message won't show in the form, if not checked it will be show and admin will get to check messages.

Admins should have also a find tool to try to search for some keyword to see if somebody is talking about this word/subject.

Well, it's a pity UddeIM lacks on it. PLEASE slabbi CHANGE YOUR MIND ON IT! I don't want to remove UddeIM from my site, but it seems I'll have to do so, once this is a very needed feature for me for several reasons.

What are the best competitors that have such feature to give a look?

2) please check the administration backend

Yup, right after posting it I found such feature. Thanks. Btw, IMHO, maybe an link to user settings also within the email tab and maintenance tab would be good.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 1 month ago #141571 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Administrating Uddeim
lucato wrote:

slabbi wrote:

1) please check the FAQ

slabbi wrote:
Well Slabbi, it's quite simple to solve. ...

See my answer in
www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=25&id=141568#141568

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon