Skip to Content Skip to Menu

UddeIM 2.1 and CB profile issue

• DevilWeed
  • DevilWeed
14 years 1 month ago #141059 by DevilWeed
UddeIM 2.1 and CB profile issue was created by DevilWeed
I am sorry for being a complete novice, but I can't seem to figure out what is causing the problem with my site. The problem is, every time I enable the plugin and then I try to go to my profile page I get a 404 error message. I have set this up on a test site I installed and there are no other plugins installed, it is a fresh install. I am not sure why I can't seem to get this to function correctly. I have read through the FAQ.pdf and read some post and it would seem as if I have done everything right.

I have enabled the plugins
I have edited the cb login
I have set all plugins permissions to registered

Please, any help would be great!

Here is a test account I made with admin rights so you can see what I have test up. This is just a test site not our real site.
UserName: test Pass: testest
absolutemayhem.org/test/administrator/

I temp disabled the plugins, they may be re enabled if you go on there as I am still trying this myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DevilWeed
  • DevilWeed
14 years 1 month ago #141114 by DevilWeed
Replied by DevilWeed on topic Re:UddeIM 2.1 and CB profile issue
Okay, so this is day three and I am almost ready to give up. It says the install is pretty straight forward, maybe it's a little to forward and should be broken down a little better for novice users such as myself. I mean, even the FAQ.pdf is a little confusing. For something that sounds so easy, it has proven to be a huge task and the most difficult one I have had to date with my Joomla experience. I am sure I am just missing something simple, but I have gone over it and over it with not even the slightest bit luck.

So please, I know you said you will not help or answer post that you have already covered, but I am begging for some help.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 1 month ago #141122 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:UddeIM 2.1 and CB profile issue
Please make yourself familiar with Joomla, e.g. you have to know the difference between a module and a component.

I checked your site and you do not have uddeIM component (com_uddeim) installed. So why do you expect that the system works fine without the main component?

The installed module (mod_uddeim) tries to load some libraries which cannot be found (404 error).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• DevilWeed
  • DevilWeed
14 years 1 month ago #141140 by DevilWeed
Replied by DevilWeed on topic Re:UddeIM 2.1 and CB profile issue
:laugh: Sorry, I had begun un-installing it again before I had to go into work. When I got home I decided to do a fresh install of everything again, site and all. And for whatever reason it worked on the test site this time with no errors. Hopefully the same will happen for our actual site.

Sorry, and thanks for you time, it would seem maybe it was just a install error, maybe in the Joomla install it's self.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon