Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Ideas for uddeIM

• lucato
  • lucato
14 years 2 months ago #138489 by lucato
Ideas for uddeIM was created by lucato
Hi folks, nice to meet you all.

I'll post here all stuffs that I missed in uddeIM and maybe would be implemented in the future. So, here I'll post all my suggestions.

I'm pretty newbie with uddeIM, I just installed it, thanks for this amazing tool and thanks also for the translator that made it available in my language. :0) As I said I'm newbie, maybe some suggestions can have already some setting that I didn't get to find or understand, so if it is the case, I'm sorry in advance.

Here are the suggestions:

1) More links at About tab.
Put a link to uddeIM site and other to this forum site. ;0)

2) Coming from where and Topic/Thread preview:
I'm using uddeIM with Kunena and when I send a PM it doesn't show what thread I'm coming from or link of it or the title of it or a preview of the message that I clicked the PM button from. So, IMHO, I think it would be useful to have a preview of the message once when I click on PM it mounts in a new page. So, also the inbox should have a colum with a topic name and a link to it.

3) User dropdown List at new message.
When using the dropdownlist we type the first letter and it sends to the user name that begins with the typed letter, until here wonderful. If we type a letter that has no username, it send nowhere. IMHO, it should send to the next letter username if there is no username with the typed letter. So, for example, if I type M and there is no username starting with M, it will send me to the users that starts with N.

4) Subject for the message.
I would have a subject field for the message.

5) coming soon...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 2 months ago #138492 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Ideas for uddeIM
1) Nice idea.

2) Don't understand exactly what you suggest here? UddeIM did not any information from Kunena so it is not possible for uddeIM to display information from a thread?!?

3) Sorry, this would require additional database queries which are unwanted on large sites. You could enable searching inside the name which usually returns some hits.

4) Please refer to the FAQ.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• lucato
  • lucato
14 years 2 months ago #138494 by lucato
Replied by lucato on topic Re:Ideas for uddeIM
Hey Slabbi,

1) Thanks.

2) Well, I'm not a developer, just a user, but I tought UddeIM would retrieve an info from Kunena. Doesn't it retrieve the avatar from Kunena? So, wouldn't it call the topic the user clicked the PM from (e.g: call the =com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=17) something like and get to show it at the UddeIM compose message page.

3) I see, I tought it would be easy as the actual way.

4) Well, I'm sorry but I'll completely disagree with what you stated at the FAQ in this case:

"There is no subject field. In my opinion a PM system should be as easy as possible (like SMS) and that is why uddeIM does not have a subject field (most people do not fill in a subject at all, so why implementing needless ballast?)."

Well, in my humble opinion, the way it is now a days without a subject file is slower and more complicated to find a wanted message. I mean, a small part of text that uddeIM shows at message column is not always the MAIN SUBJECT of the message we wrote, so it becomes difficult to locate a private message! It would be much easier if we had a subject field.

Just my 2c. ;0)

• lucato
  • lucato
14 years 2 months ago #139119 by lucato
Replied by lucato on topic Re:Ideas for uddeIM
5) Show within Kunena tabs.
When integrating with Kunena, it should show within kunena tabs.

6) Coming soon...

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon