Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A couple of questions

• mdiorio
  • mdiorio
14 years 5 months ago #133236 by mdiorio
A couple of questions was created by mdiorio
Hi,

Love uddeIM and I'm integrating it into my patient portal I'm developing, but have a couple of questions.

1) Is it possible to put a link to the user's profile when you're reading a message. So in our case, a patient sends our billing department a message. I'd like whomever is checking the message to click on the sender's name and pull up a popup window with their profile so that they can get their full name, address, phone number, etc.

2) Is it possible to pre-fill in the message field when composing a new message. For example, when a user needs to renew a prescription - click on a link and automatically have a template in the message field like:

Prescription:
Requested number of refills:
Your contact phone number:
Pharmacy Name:
Pharmacy Location:
Pharmacy Phone Number:

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 5 months ago #133242 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:A couple of questions
1) Yes, uddeIM integrates with CB (and some other community solutions).

2) You are looking for a form generator. There are several solutions available on JED.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• mdiorio
  • mdiorio
14 years 5 months ago #133373 by mdiorio
Replied by mdiorio on topic Re:A couple of questions
Thanks for the reply. I think I didn't make what I wanted clear

1) The uddeIM plugins create links to uddeIM from within CB profiles, etc. I'm looking for something the other way around.

If I'm looking at a message someone sent me via uddeIM, where is says "Message from username", I'd like a link to view username's profile in CB.

2) I don't want to have to create a custom form and then use uddeIM's API to accomplish this. There has to be a way to pre-populate the message textbox. Either on the way to generating the page via post or get, or even having a list of template links right on the new message page that will pull text into the text box.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon