Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Templates Not Working After 1.9 Upgrade

• mruetz
  • mruetz
15 years 1 day ago #114571 by mruetz
I can't seem to get the templates to work in 1.9 after upgrading. It doesn't matter which template I choose they all display the same. See attached picture. No graphics are loading etc. Any ideas on how to fix?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 1 day ago #114610 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Templates Not Working After 1.9 Upgrade
Could you check if all template files are available in /components/com_uddeim/templates/...?

It looks like that the uddeim.css files are not available or the folder is not readable for uddeIM (maybe wrong access rights).

Maybe you can check which files uddeIM tries to load, just display the site source and check which graphics uddeIM loads, e.g. /domain.com/components/com_uddeim/templates/default/....

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• mruetz
  • mruetz
15 years 21 hours ago #114635 by mruetz
Replied by mruetz on topic Re:Templates Not Working After 1.9 Upgrade
The templates that are installed in /components/com_uddeim/templates/ are /default, /modernblue, /monoblue, /monogram, /noir, and /tcplc. All the permissions are at 755 for the folders and 644 for the files.

Regarding your last request:

Maybe you can check which files uddeIM tries to load, just display the site source and check which graphics uddeIM loads, e.g. /domain.com/components/com_uddeim/templates/default/....

Can you explain how to do this? Do you turn site debug on?

One other thing that could be helpful is that when I installed 1.9 I had some problems with the FTP layer and was getting error messages. I have disabled the FTP layer now and am no longer getting the error messages but was wondering if something didn't install correctly. If I reinstalled 1.9 would that possibly help? If so can you please advise best way to reinstall (uninstall first etc.?)

Thanks...Matt

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 21 hours ago #114641 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Templates Not Working After 1.9 Upgrade
Select "Page Source" in your browser and check what URLs uddeIM uses to load graphics.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• mruetz
  • mruetz
15 years 20 hours ago #114645 by mruetz
Replied by mruetz on topic Re:Templates Not Working After 1.9 Upgrade
Ok...you set me on the right track. It seems the permissions of the main uddeIM folder were set to 766 rather than 755. I changed the permissions and now the graphics and style sheets are loading correctly. Thank-you.

All is working fine now.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon