Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can one CB user manage two UddieIM accounts?

15 years 3 months ago #103950 by heritagevt
Hello,
Is managing two separate Uddie PM Accounts from one CB User profile possible?
I would like to be able to receive, send and manage private message sent to my personal (primary) account and to those sent to a secondary Uddie IM account for work order requests. I would like to do this from one Community builder account, not two.
I am not sure about which way is the best way to accomplish this.

I was thinking about setting up a ghost CB profile through which employees can submit work orders/maintenance request via private message and integrate it somehow with my account. Messages submitted to this profile should actually come to me but I need to keep my professional profile separate from the maintenance man profile because I’m in charge of approving all work orders but that’s not my primary function where I work.

I'm not a coder by profession but I do know some PHP, MySQL. Any direction would be helpful. Which files should I look at to accomplish this?
Thanks,
John

Database Version: 5.0.81-community
Database Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9
Web Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable [ Vatani ] 9-January-2009 23:00 GMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 3 months ago #103951 by slabbi
I am sorry that is not possible since uddeIM reads the current user ID and uses this for all account activities.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 3 months ago #104007 by heritagevt
Replied by heritagevt on topic Re:Can one CB user manage two UddieIM accounts?
Thanks, I thought so.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 3 months ago #104010 by slabbi
Nevertheless you can use the Autoforwarder to forward all messages to your primary account.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 3 months ago #104015 by heritagevt
Replied by heritagevt on topic Re:Can one CB user manage two UddieIM accounts?
Yes, I could set autoforward to the email account but I'd like to keep it internal to the Uddie private mail system. I am now thinking about creating a custom form hosted on a page on the site where a registered user can submit a work order by web form and have the work order request get passd and appear within the inbox of single designated UddeIM account?

Im sure this is possible but I would have to figure out what to use in the On Submit code field.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon