Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM seems to be causing huge server loads

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
15 years 4 months ago #101711 by imaaxx
Hello,

I am having huge problems with this component on my server we have a few sites with this installed and it seems to be causing huge server loads… I apologize if this is covered in another post I was not able to find it….

Here is the load from one of our sites and I have disabled in the IM module the Ajax option however it still says this on the server status page…
0-0 22634 507/507/507 K 57.14 0 0 0.5 0.000 0.000 24.210.200.124 websitename.net GET /index2.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_ht

Is their something was can do to prevent this from killing our server? We are using Version 1.7 and not hot fixed yet…
PHP Version: 5.2.9
Web Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable

If you need anything else from me please feel free to ask… I really like this component and want to use it on more sites…

Thanks for all your help…

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 4 months ago #101728 by slabbi
I am sorry but you do not have disabled AJAX in mod_uddeim. Please check again that "Do not use AJAX" is selected. The request you see comes from that module.

Please also ensure that you have installed the latest version of mod_uddeim.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
15 years 4 months ago #101737 by imaaxx
Hello,

We are using the mod from the 1.7 package I assume that it is up to date... If not please point me in the right direction.

I will take a closer look today and the sites and confirm the settings on these modules... Thanks for getting back to me so fast... It’s nice to see people support what they make :woohoo: .

Keep up the great work!

Alan

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon