Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problems with article about uddeIM on Wikipedia

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 4 months ago #100221 by slabbi
Hi,

uddeIM has an entry on Wikipedia since Nov, 17th: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UddeIM

Now a user "LadyofShalott" seems to have problems with this article. I tried to fix the mentioned problems but had no success. Since I am not a foreign speaker and not very familiar with wikipedia rules can someone help me with this issue please?

Do we have some Wikipedia admins here?

Thanks very much

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2009/05/28 14:37

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BPVimes
  • BPVimes
15 years 4 months ago #102628 by BPVimes
Oh boy - you just climbed into a can of worms my friend. I run a game genre site and we have tried to put up entries for specific games of note and have been hit by ignorant editors repeatedly. Our latest success was the entry for www.beyondprotocol.com which took ages to get to a stage where it was left alone mostly. Wikipedia is rife with personality politics and a plethora of rules to enforce the whim of established editors.

Two pointers I can give - your entry must be 'of note' - this means it should provide something new or unique. You can play games with this one as you can claim much backend they cant verify. The other area most get tripped up on is a review/mention by a site regarded as valid. Without these you will have a hard time keeping your page up.

I will give it a look when I can but we had to use players to submit as any dev involvement will be taken as advertising which they get real pissy about. I can attract sharks though so I will advise from behind ;)

Good luck dude and thanks for such a versatile component - I may donate for the plugins soon.

Post edited by: BPVimes, at: 2009/06/20 17:49

Fabricati Diem, Pvnc
( Make My Day Punk)

www.mmortsgamers.com - MMORTS Player Reviews and views

TIP OF THE DAY – If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon