Skip to Content Skip to Menu

IP Blocks

1 month 1 week ago #338814 by jeff.steinkamp
IP Blocks was created by jeff.steinkamp
When a user attempts to log an exceed the attempt due to an incorrect login, they are blocked by IP address.  Where is all of this stored and how do I remove these?  I see these in attempt in the Anti Spam module, but removing those lines form the attempts does not remove the blocked IP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #338825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic IP Blocks
CB AntiSpam blocks are all managed from CB AntiSpam > Blocks. You can delete the block there and clear their attempts in CB AntiSpam > Attempts. Buttons for both pages are also available in CB > Plugin Management in the CB AntiSpam plugin row. You can also turn that feature off in CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Login > Auto Block.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 1 week ago #338830 by jeff.steinkamp
Replied by jeff.steinkamp on topic IP Blocks
I did remove the IP address from the attempts, and I never found that IP address in the blocks, but the user was still not able to login and gets the message about the IP address being blocked. I may just disable that.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #338831 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic IP Blocks
What are you settings under CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Login > Auto Block? By default doesn't create a block, but just denies the login and waits for attempts to expire. You can adjust the "Attempts Timeframe" as well as by default it considers the past months attempts. You could set this to "-1 DAY" so it only considers failed logins for the day. "Block Duration" can also be set to "+5 MINUTES" to only block for 5 minutes. Are you sure you're clearing the attempts for the correct ip address?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon