Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

User integraty

• BDSMliv
  • BDSMliv
1 month 1 week ago #338681 by BDSMliv
User integraty was created by BDSMliv
We use:Joomla 5CB: 2.9.2+build.2024.06.26.16.39.40.98891a937We are developing a web site ware privacy are important. During a test run our users got really stressed when they found that they could create links to social media directly from the profile and from the blog, for instance.The big issue was that for instance. The profile details were set to public. We need to change this to private as default. It could be possible for the user to set it to whatever they like to expose.So, how do I limit the exposure to the outer world in the interface from CB?Make sure that only the username is an alternative not the real name?They need to provide a working email, but it should not be possible to show it to visitors.Same with birthday: We need to collect that but it's free for the user if they like to expose that.I think that most would be fixed by setting user information to private instead of public Next: how do I get rid off the possibility to “Load sample data” from the Tools interface?

Thanks

BosseP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #338682 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User integraty
You can move fields to tabs set to not display on profile or set fields themselves to not display on profile. Formatname is used for public name output and what it outputs can be adjusted in CB > Configuration > General using the "Name Format" parameter.

Additionally you can use CB Privacy to completely control all tab and field privacy either by forcing privacy or allowing users themselves to set privacy via privacy controls. This is probably the best option since you mentioned wanting users to have the option to expose information. Privacy controls in CB Privacy can have defaults so you can set fields to be default private. Take a look at its add-ons page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-privacy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon