Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Let unregistered see specific posts

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #338588 by fioresns
Let unregistered see specific posts was created by fioresns
Is there a way to enable none registered to see the Recent Activity, without interactions? For instance, I'd like to share a link of a post with someone who doesn't have an account, making it possible for him to see it (but not comment, like, etc.)
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by fioresns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338593 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Let unregistered see specific posts
They should already be able to see Recent Activity unless you made the menu item or the profile activity stream inaccessible to the public. Our demo site below has Recent Activity as the home page for example.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

As for sharing posts. There's built in sharing functionality that should already be enabled unless it was disabled. Simply click the Share button within a post. It will provide several options for sharing including an easy copy-paste URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #338675 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Let unregistered see specific posts
They are both set to public, but if I share a link, unregisterde user gets redirected to login prompt, with the message "Please login first"
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by fioresns.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #338676 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > User Profile set "Profile View Access Level" to "Public". The Recent Activity page renders profile stream data so it requires profile access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago #338677 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Let unregistered see specific posts
It is set to Public. Looks like some features don't apply to my website!

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #338685 by krileon
Ensure your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page is also public. If still not working please provide a screenshot or copy paste of the exact message that is being displayed when trying to access a post URL so I can track down where it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon