Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Notification error

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338557 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notification error

Can you explain a bit more about how to do this, I have a CB Content module displaying the CB Menu like this: [cb:userposition position="canvas_menu"/]
Is that what you mean?

I mean to create an actual new Joomla menu item to CB Activity notifications. You should be able to do this by creating a menu item of menu type Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Activity and for Action select Notifications. This doesn't have to be visible on a menu and can be on a hidden menu, but it existing should help avoid any weird access issues.

What do you mean "as part of the template" - I'm guessing adding it into the template code?

You'd need to modify your template and add the analytic JS to it directly, but the easiest way by far is to just use CB Content Module as it allows outputting HTML, CSS, JS all at once then place it on every page usually in a footer module position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
1 month 3 weeks ago #338560 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Notification error
OK, so I created that menu and it takes me to the 404 error page:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=notifications&stream=1
Any Idea why?

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338565 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look. It shouldn't be possible to select a stream id for notifications so it's strange your menu item has a stream id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338573 by krileon
I've removed the stream id from the menu item for you and it seams to be working ok for me. I'm not getting any errors in the popup nor the page when attempting to view notifications. Can you also please re-check to see if it's working fine for you now?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
1 month 3 weeks ago #338575 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Notification error
I'm still getting it on my login... I did delete all cache files, still getting it.

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338576 by krileon
Strange, the test account seams to be working fine for accessing notifications.

My best guess is there's a notification logged to your account that's causing an error. Is there any details in your server error log regarding this error? Without a call stack for where it's coming from I'm not sure what else to suggest. I applied a couple of your recent notifications to the test user, but they all displayed fine.

Within CB Activity > Notifications filter the list to your user then try unpublishing chunks of notifications for your user and see if the issue goes away. That might help us track down which is causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon