Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6800] CB Auto Action system plugin changes language

• alagazam
  • alagazam
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #297617 by alagazam
I have noticed that if a turn on the System - CB Auto Actions plugin CB changes the language on all core fields.

Do I have to that plugin published for the CB Auto Action to work? If so, how can I prevent the system plugin from changing the language?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#6800] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #297621 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Action system plugin changes language
Could be CB Auto Actions is loading too early. Try moving the Joomla language system plugins, if in use, to be before the CB Auto Actions plugin. If that doesn't work try the below change after adjusting the ordering.

IN: plugins/system/cbautoactionsbot/cbautoactionsbot.php
ON: Line 18
Code:
public function onAfterInitialise()
TO:
Code:
public function onBeforeRender()

That's latest possible trigger it could use, but will of course limit CB Auto Actions ability to alter Joomla (can no longer implement custom routing rules via CB Auto Actions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• alagazam
  • alagazam
6 years 11 months ago #297643 by alagazam
Replied by alagazam on topic CB Auto Action system plugin changes language

krileon wrote: Could be CB Auto Actions is loading too early. Try moving the Joomla language system plugins, if in use, to be before the CB Auto Actions plugin. If that doesn't work try the below change after adjusting the ordering.

IN: plugins/system/cbautoactionsbot/cbautoactionsbot.php

Code:
TO:
Code:

That's latest possible trigger it could use, but will of course limit CB Auto Actions ability to alter Joomla (can no longer implement custom routing rules via CB Auto Actions).

Sadly the first solution didn't work.

To me this looks like a bug. Will it be fixed?

• alagazam
  • alagazam
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #297645 by alagazam

krileon wrote: IN: plugins/system/cbautoactionsbot/cbautoactionsbot.php

Code:
TO:
Code:

But this is a change in the core code and will be replaced if the plugin is updated?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by alagazam.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #297650 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Action system plugin changes language

Did the second solution of changing the function work?

To me this looks like a bug. Will it be fixed?

Looks like Joomlas language doesn't load soon enough. So yes it could be a bug, but also means the loss of custom routing code in CB Auto Actions if the event used has to be changed.

But this is a change in the core code and will be replaced if the plugin is updated?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• alagazam
  • alagazam
6 years 11 months ago #297674 by alagazam

krileon wrote:

Did the second solution of changing the function work?

Yes, it id. :-) Thanks!

That's good but I never like to change core code. Is this something that you will change in future versions of the plugin or do you "blame" Joomla for it?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon