Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] list header member count

• hicksan
  • hicksan
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #282442 by hicksan
[SOLVED] list header member count was created by hicksan
Every list we have set up has a header with a row at the bottom saying " has XX members". I would prefer to substitute the text name of the site or the list name for each list instead of the . Is this easily done?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 4 months ago #282459 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic list header member count
It's a part of the default template files and can be found below.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php
ON: Lines 623 - 627

However you should not modify core files as your changes will be lost on upgrade. I suggest using an override template plugin if you want to replace parts of the default template.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227459-cb-203-template-css-overrides

The above overrides the CSS file, but the same concept can be applied to the PHP file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, hicksan

• hicksan
  • hicksan
8 years 3 months ago #283065 by hicksan
Replied by hicksan on topic list header member count
Thanks Kyle.

I have copied your default.php into a new default1.php, same directory, and made the changes to the code.

I have also been through the file and changed the main class definitions to end with _default1 rather than _default.

How do I then install, publish and activate this php file as a plugin? I couldn't find it listed on the CB plugin page.

Second question: if I wished to move this row of text to the bottom of the report - below the list - where in the file would that be (row #)?

Regards,
Andrew

• hicksan
  • hicksan
8 years 3 months ago #283066 by hicksan
I tried to install my new default1.php as a new template using 'install from directory'. I get the following error message:

Error
Install new plugin from directory /home4/glovers1/public_html/components/com_profiler/plugin/templates/default - Failed
Installation file not found in /home4/glovers1/public_html/components/com_profiler/plugin/templates.
Failed to save Install CB Plugin because: Installation error

• hicksan
  • hicksan
8 years 3 months ago #283067 by hicksan
I have now copied the entire default (template) directory to a new 'default1' directory.
I have also renamed the default.xml file to default1.xml and edited it to
(a) replace 'default' with 'default1' in all instances and
(b) remove all the commands.

When I try to install this as a plugin I no longer get the install error.

Now I get a blank screen with 'copy failed' top left.

These are the two files:

File Attachment:

File Name: default1.php.txt
File Size:32 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: default1.xml.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

• hicksan
  • hicksan
8 years 3 months ago #283068 by hicksan
should have read "remove all the delete commands" but the word delete got deleted because I included the angle brackets.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon