Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login Pre-text not working with [cb:config param="lang_tag" /]

• carin
  • carin
9 years 7 months ago #257622 by carin
When I put [cb:config param="lang_tag" /] into the "Login Pre-text" field nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?

CB 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 7 months ago #257693 by krileon
Substitutions don't work when you're not logged in. They won't process at all when there's no user object. This has been fixed for CB 2.0.6, but it's pending further review as the change has to be made carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
9 years 6 months ago #261018 by carin
ok, thanks

why does this not work?
[cb:if config param="lang_tag"="en-GB"]This is English being displayed.[/cb:if]

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago #261044 by krileon
There is no such IF substitution usage. The IF substitution usages are for field compares only. There is no language field so what you're wanting can't be done without creating a field that renders the language tag. To do that you could create a Custom HTML field with [cb:config param="lang_tag" /] as its value then try and compare against the Custom HTML fields value, but I've no idea if that'll work (never tried it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
9 years 6 months ago #261046 by carin
Thanks, but is there no easier way to figure out what language the site is currently displaying?

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #261048 by krileon
No, it's a Joomla configuration parameter. CB pulls it using that substitution. Normally you don't need any of this as you'd just use CB or Joomla language strings throughout your usage then have different strings based off the language and it'll handle the display change automatically as the site/user language changes. There maybe a Joomla module or Joomla extension that can provide what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon