Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Enquiry for CB with Paid Subscriptions add-on.

• wright.a
  • wright.a
3 weeks 2 days ago #338978 by wright.a
Hi,
We have a requirement, which your CB Paid Subscriptions add-on appears to handle but I wanted to check if you can confirm, before we go ahead and buy it.
Our basic requirements are:The subscription is for a point-of-sale software we plan to sell. The buyer needs to enter a number of users they wish to subscribe for.
We also need to add optional modules for other features in the software which we also need to allow a number of users for too. These could be a different number to the base software. So we will have say 5 users of the base pos (retail) software, then 2 users of the pos (Admin) module. Also, 1 user of the label designer module and 1 user of the label print module.
The prices to be paid would be based on the quantities, so larger user numbers would cost less to subscribe. Say 1-3 users pay $15 per user, but 4-10 users pay $12 per user, etc.
We would gather these quantities of users, with which modules they relate to along with a unique Device ID (entered in sale basket via custom field) and process a payment for the relevant amount via Stripe.
Following a successful payment, we would make an API call to our license key generator API endpoint, using the modules bought, with user quantities and device ID, which will return a suitable license key that gets activated on the device.
Hopefully that covers it. 
Would we need your base CB Joomla Extension with just the CB Paid Subscription add-on to achieve this?
Are you able to confirm that this combination would handle what I have outlined above?
Many thanks,
Alan W.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 2 days ago #338981 by krileon

The buyer needs to enter a number of users they wish to subscribe for.

Does this need to modify the price? If not you could use a regular field for that. If it does then CBSubs Options could be used to select the number of users they need from a predefined list.

We also need to add optional modules for other features in the software which we also need to allow a number of users for too. These could be a different number to the base software. So we will have say 5 users of the base pos (retail) software, then 2 users of the pos (Admin) module. Also, 1 user of the label designer module and 1 user of the label print module.

That should be doable on a single plan using CBSubs Options. The way I'd do this is have a select dropdown for each feature where they can select how many users they need with an option for None if they don't need that feature.

The prices to be paid would be based on the quantities, so larger user numbers would cost less to subscribe. Say 1-3 users pay $15 per user, but 4-10 users pay $12 per user, etc.

That's doable as CBSubs Options can increase, decrease, or completely override the price.

We would gather these quantities of users, with which modules they relate to along with a unique Device ID (entered in sale basket via custom field) and process a payment for the relevant amount via Stripe.

That's a bit trickier. We don't provide a means of adding fields to the payment flow. You'd need to develop a new integration plugin for CBSubs to collect the Device ID or collect it during registration/profile edit using a normal profile field. You might be able to use CB Auto Actions to insert a new field into the payment flow as well.

Following a successful payment, we would make an API call to our license key generator API endpoint, using the modules bought, with user quantities and device ID, which will return a suitable license key that gets activated on the device.

It's possible to call external APIs with CBSubs URL integration, but it can't display anything. Instead to display their license key I would suggest using CB Code Field to utilize PHP to request for the license key for display purposes to show it on profile. This will be easier to accomplish of the Device ID is also just a profile field. An Alternative is to use CB Auto Actions to retrieve the license key at payment and then store it into a text field for display on profile, which gives you a bit more flexibility and effectively caches that API call for you.

Would we need your base CB Joomla Extension with just the CB Paid Subscription add-on to achieve this?

Seams like at minimum you'd need CB Paid Subscriptions, but may also need CB Code Field or CB Auto Actions for the license key aspect.

Are you able to confirm that this combination would handle what I have outlined above?

Yes, feel free to also give it a try on our demo site below. Edit whatever you like as it auto resets regularly.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon