Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Issue With Author Link Not Working Correctly

• redevodm
  • redevodm
3 months 6 days ago #338503 by redevodm
Hi,

We have a client website which we recently updated to Joomla 5 but after the update, the author link has stopped working correctly. So for example on this page  www.dpconline.org/blog if you click on the author's name, the url changes to the component url but just loads up the homepage. We have menu links for the profile and user list setup and published and have tested the page using a different template and it still doesn't work as expected there. If anyone can provide any insights, that would be great.

Thanks,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 6 days ago #338507 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue With Author Link Not Working Correctly
You're missing a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. Please also be sure CB Author Bot is installed and up to date as it's the only thing we provide for linking article author to profile. If you're using a 3rd party extension to do this linking you'll need to request support from whomever made that extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• redevodm
  • redevodm
3 months 6 days ago #338509 by redevodm
Replied by redevodm on topic Issue With Author Link Not Working Correctly
Thanks for your reply. As I said in my original message I do have the menu links in place already but I don't have the CB Author Bot installed so that must be what's causing the issue.

Dave

• redevodm
  • redevodm
3 months 6 days ago #338510 by redevodm
I have now added the CB Author Bot plugin and this has not rectified the problem. I have double checked the menu item too, and it is using the default CB menu item for the User Profile, so I'm not sure what else I am missing from it.

Dave

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 6 days ago #338514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue With Author Link Not Working Correctly
Then whatever you're using to render blog posts with avatar and linked name is incorrectly building the links. I'm guessing maybe it's your template with that or are you using a 3rd party plugin for rendering blogs?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• redevodm
  • redevodm
3 months 6 days ago #338515 by redevodm
Thanks for your help Krileon. Since I now knew that the setup was correct, I dug a bit more into the code and found that the author link was hardcoded in. I've now tweaked that and got it working.

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon