Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Some CB fields are partly removed.

• Tazzios
  • Tazzios
2 months 4 days ago #338439 by Tazzios
Some CB fields are partly removed. was created by Tazzios
The following columns are removed from the database (i think after 2.9.2 update) at various installations (4 sites, J3 and J5)
  • connections
  • onlinestatus
  • formatname
  • pm
But they do still exist in the 'Field Management' which is confusing. 'tablecolumns' values seems emptied tough. Running the check tools does not detect an error.

For the plugin that i have build get the columns from table _comprofiler_fields so now some users get an error.
I do not know what the correct solution is, Should CB also remove the corresponding records from the field management or should i add some extra checks on columns 'tablecolumns' for empty ones?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 4 days ago #338440 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Some CB fields are partly removed.
None of those fields have database storage so they should've never existed in _comprofiler. Connections field is calculated dynamically using a database query against _comprofiler_members. onlinestatus is calculated dynamically using a database query against _sessions. formatname is calculated dynamically from first, middle, last, and username depending on configuration. pm is just a link to the send private message page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tazzios

• Tazzios
  • Tazzios
2 months 4 days ago #338441 by Tazzios
Replied by Tazzios on topic Some CB fields are partly removed.
You're completely right. My assumption that the columns were deleted was wrong. I dig up an old J3 with CB 2.8.0 install, and the columns also do not exist there. Apparently it is the first time a user of my module used one of those fields for ordering.
Thanks for your information, I now know where to fix it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon