Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Editor issue when upgrading to Joomla 5

3 months 3 weeks ago #338125 by WyomingArts
Editor issue when upgrading to Joomla 5 was created by WyomingArts
SiteGround recently updated their databases making it possible to update websites to Joomla 5.

I'm a semi-retired website designer and because of the ease  of  moving to Joomla 5, I just went through and updated them from Joomla 4.4.

The majority worked seamlessly.

Two websites (and the only 2 that utilize Community Builder) seemed to transition fine.  Then I went to edit and article and the TinyMCE editor didn't display.  Checked in on other areas that utilize the editor (i.e. iCagenda, modules, Acymailing, etc) with the same issue.

Double checked configuration, and TinyMCE was still the default.  

Reinstalled core files, still no luck.

Ended up restoring back to Joomla 4.4.

The only websites of mine that had issues were the ones with Community Builder.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 3 weeks ago #338126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor issue when upgrading to Joomla 5
I don't see how Community Builder could possibly cause this. We don't interact with Joomla's editors in any way. Just sounds like a coincidence. Edit your user and ensure you didn't override the global editor as it's possible your account has it set to None for example. Recommend posting to Joomla forums should your issue persists as they may have steps for resetting the editor plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #338128 by WyomingArts
Replied by WyomingArts on topic Editor issue when upgrading to Joomla 5
Problem Solved.

The problem is history on the individual browsers, and NOT a scripting conflict, after another client of mine had the same issue but didn't have CB.  And this might be something to note as people.

Everyone I've spoke with that's updated has had this problem.  Close out the open tabs with the updated website and delete the browsing history.  Reopen and try again.  It's worked for everyone.

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon