Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

CB mails not being sent when Joomla set to SMTP

• Kampp
  • Kampp
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #338109 by Kampp
After having set up SMTP (with STARTTLS auth, username and password) on in the Joomla configuration for sending secure mails, everything works and mails are sent and received.
However it does not work in Community Builder. It returns the error "Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. Failed to connect to server" and the mail is not sent even though that mails are going though.
To reproduce error try and ask for lost password.

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Kampp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kampp
  • Kampp
3 months 3 weeks ago #338110 by Kampp
I have tested further. CB sends mails in other situations like new user signs up. But still not when asking for password. 

• Kampp
  • Kampp
3 months 3 weeks ago #338113 by Kampp
It seems to work once in a while. So it might not be related to CB after all, even though it is only one specific feature that has a problem.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 3 weeks ago #338114 by krileon
CB doesn't send emails anymore. We entirely use Joomla API now. My best guess is the SMTP settings are incorrect or your mail server is blocking the emails for whatever reason. Have you reviewed server error logs to see if there's any mailer API errors that could better explain why the connection failed?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Kampp
  • Kampp
3 months 3 weeks ago #338115 by Kampp
The thing is that mails are being sent. But for some reason not (only) the password reset mail from CB. Still looking into it as it simply could be random SMTP server error.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 3 weeks ago #338117 by krileon
Do you have a firewall of any kind in place? It's possible that's blocking it for whatever reason. I doubt it's the contents of the email since it's a connection error, but you could try using language strings to change the email subject and body to see if it will then go through.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon