Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Hikashop + CB = Problems for Easyblog, K2 and who knows...

• abo
  • abo
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #218544 by abo
We have a J!2.5.8 site with CB and Easyblog and K2 that worked nicely....

When we replaced VM with Hikashop we were thrilled about the Ease and beauty of Hikashop....

But then weird things started to happen: K2 and EasyBlog pages produced blank pages (K2 and Easyblog categories were okay) when logged in with CB

Logging out from CB the problem disappeared.

It seems there is some underlying compatibility issue between CB, Hikashop, EasyBlog, K2 and who knows what else. Could it be the responsive template (Joomlashack)? --- I have no idea where to search - since it appears to be rather complex.

Any suggestion is appreciated. :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by abo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #218564 by nant

abo wrote: We have a J!2.5.8 site with CB and Easyblog and K2 that worked nicely....

When we replaced VM with Hikashop we were thrilled about the Ease and beauty of Hikashop....

But then weird things started to happen: K2 and EasyBlog pages produced blank pages (K2 and Easyblog categories were okay) when logged in with CB

Logging out from CB the problem disappeared.

It seems there is some underlying compatibility issue between CB, Hikashop, EasyBlog, K2 and who knows what else. Could it be the responsive template (Joomlashack)? --- I have no idea where to search - since it appears to be rather complex.

Any suggestion is appreciated. :dry:

Not really a post for a potential CB bug?

Well blank pages have a specific process to debug - please check FAQ section.

• abo
  • abo
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #218571 by abo
Thanks for your quick reply, Nant.

Whether it is a bug or not I am not able to tell :huh: But I find it extremly strange that the phenomenon only comes up, when a person is logged in.

But - yes, I will take your hint and study the FAQ (let me assure you that I did do a bit of research on all forums involved before posting). Thanks.

Ps: Okay, this is what I found: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 351411 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/my-site.com/httpdocs/plugins/system/sef/sef.php on line 34." 64M not enough?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by abo.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #218595 by nant

abo wrote: Thanks for your quick reply, Nant.

Whether it is a bug or not I am not able to tell :huh: But I find it extremly strange that the phenomenon only comes up, when a person is logged in.

But - yes, I will take your hint and study the FAQ (let me assure you that I did do a bit of research on all forums involved before posting). Thanks.

Ps: Okay, this is what I found: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 351411 bytes) in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/vhosts/my-site.com/httpdocs/plugins/system/sef/sef.php on line 34." 64M not enough?

Guess not - see tutorials to increase - not a CB bug ....

• abo
  • abo
11 years 8 months ago #218692 by abo
Okay I gather it's not a CB bug :)

Nevertheless - the fact that the issue came up only when logged in suggests that CB does use a lot of memory - or am I getting this all wrong?

Still learning... Thanks for your assistance and patience. :blush:

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #218712 by nant

abo wrote: Okay I gather it's not a CB bug :)

Nevertheless - the fact that the issue came up only when logged in suggests that CB does use a lot of memory - or am I getting this all wrong?

Still learning... Thanks for your assistance and patience. :blush:

Well memory used on your site is used by all extensions you have installed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon