Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Internal Server Error on ComProfiler Initial Installation

• ObSethed
  • ObSethed
11 years 10 months ago #214811 by ObSethed
This bump during installation has come up in prior deployments I have done and I have been able to get it to go away by turning apache rewrite on. But this is giving me a little more trouble.

Starting at the server and working towards the domain my configuration is as follows,
VPS running Virtuozzo
php upload_max_file_size is set at 164m

The Joomla Version is 2.5.8 was 2.5.7
CB versions it has been attempted with are 1.8.0, 1.8.1, 1.9

Index.php has blindly been edited following the insturtions at the bottom of the fresh install.txt instructions included with the CB packages.

I have tried the install with apache rewrite on and off.

After adding the suggested lines from the fresh installation instructions the error changed from a 500 internal server error to just a internal server error.

This information came from my log file in Cpanel,

[Thu Nov 15 13:20:55 2012] [error] [client 99.39.170.249] File does not exist: /home/mncjr/public_html/thealley/404.shtml
[Thu Nov 15 13:20:55 2012] [error] [client 99.39.170.249] File does not exist: /home/mncjr/public_html/thealley/favicon.ico
[Thu Nov 15 13:20:55 2012] [error] [client 99.39.170.249] File does not exist: /home/mncjr/public_html/thealley/500.shtml, referer: thealley.mncjrconsulting.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

I will note that the joomla installation being used is under a subdomain for inital setup and live testing purposes, it does have another joomla installation above it in the parked domain.

I'm not a php or joomla expert but I am becoming handy so any suggestions on where to go from this point would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ObSethed
  • ObSethed
11 years 7 months ago #219713 by ObSethed
So I managed to find the issue in addition to the suggested php upload limits and execution setting changes you need to adjust the memory_maxsize to above the total of the two settings to prevent errors, in my case it was set to 32m and it needed to be 128m.

Just something to keep in mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon