Skip to Content Skip to Menu

List heading shows site name instead of list name

• Yxos
  • Yxos
8 years 11 months ago #271156 by Yxos
What's the difference between a "bug" and a "design flaw"?

Do you really believe that that showing a limited number of users along with the text "<Sitename> contains X active users" is how it was designed to work? Or a "feature".
When the site contains more than 500 users, a statement where X=4 is surely wrong!

To a certain extend you are right. It is a design! Not a very good one, but still a design, if you prefer. I still call it a bug!

Anyway, thanks for bringing the topic futher in the new request you made! Appreciate that!

In the meantime I will try to see if I can find the source and make an advance correction.
Any hints to where in the Source code is very welcome!

Yxos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yxos
  • Yxos
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #271162 by Yxos
First investigation led me the the default language.php file; where I found this in line 1534:
Code:
'SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% registered member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% registered members',
This actualy confirms you statement, Nick. It WAS designed that way.
I wonder how someone can design this, deliberately putting the variable TOTAL in the same line as [SITENAME], but apparently you were right.

Next thing for me is to find the place where SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS is refered. I haven't been lucky so far...

Yxos
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Yxos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon