Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Demographics on users from registration fields

• one7media
  • one7media
17 years 2 months ago #40662 by one7media
I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything like this, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Anyway, I think it would be an invaluable add on to be able to pull reports based on the information users enter at registration. I have created custom fields for this purpose, but cannot find a way to export the data to a spreadsheet, graph, etc...

I have a background in marketing and know very little about coding, but RocketWerx has a back-end tool for just this sort of thing, called RokReporter ( extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2115/Itemid,35/ )

I would love to see someone who knows what they're doing take this simple framework and make it pull reports from registration fields.

What would you use this information for?

Advertisers. Advertisers want to know all about your "audience" before they spend any money. It makes no sense for a Ritzy Hotel to advertise to a bunch of college kids who don't make any money. However, if you can show the Ritzy Hotel a graph, spreadsheet, etc... that shows the majority of your members are between the ages of 30-42, have an average income of $75,000-$125,000, and like to travel.....you just signed an advertiser!

You get the idea.

To me (which isn't saying much) it looks like it can be done with RokReporter. If you are reading this and know of another add on that already does this, please let me know. I've been looking and can't find anything. You can e-mail me at mail@one7media.com.

Thanks for reading....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• one7media
  • one7media
17 years 2 months ago #40852 by one7media
There's a new reporting extension, Jeporter:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2632/Itemid,35/

Not very user friendly, but probably could be done using this concept as well.

• tj.baker
  • tj.baker
16 years 11 months ago #47078 by tj.baker
This is something I am interested in as well.. and only found this post after opening another (sorry CB mods). It would be great to be able to do this from the backend of CB!

Any thoughts?

peace,

tj

Moderators: beatnantkrileon