Skip to Content Skip to Menu

pickable user group

17 years 5 months ago #34864 by
pickable user group was created by
It would be great if someone could do this...as in supposedly there is a band and a normal user. Now while registering the user should get that option and accordingly, different features.
Is such a thing on the way by any chance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #34891 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:pickable user group
Advanced Profile Control plugin will do that.

mikko

• pcjunkie
  • pcjunkie
17 years 5 months ago #34950 by pcjunkie
Replied by pcjunkie on topic Re:pickable user group
mebbe just something in Users that can be ticked on and off would do...

Like is active...yes/no....

The reason being is that clans / teams / clubs / music sites / special interest groups, will all need this. but installing multiple plug ins and configuring it all is (I guess) would be too complex for some, if not off putting...

Just a simple tick box is all it takes, but that would need to be hard coded I would imagine. Unless you filter User ID somehow..

Also commercial plug ins often never get upgraded, so you have to continue purchasing them for what could be many years,,,

The Total Cost of Ownership of a website increases greatly when you have to do that.

That's fine if the site is commercial and profits are made, and time is saved, but interest groups like a game clan already have large overheads, game servers are almost 1/8 of a monthly wage....

It's well beyond anything most would do considering the input and commitment I have to make for the website and management.

Yes I could buy it, but again I already pay well over 120 PM for a hobby that returns not very much...

Post edited by: pcjunkie, at: 2007/04/03 16:15

Moderators: beatnantkrileon